The Only Way To Heaven

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
Console: Headset:
yes homosexuality is a sin as i do believe. What those things are above ^ is a twisting and re defining of what the bible says. Dont need to dig into it. The bible says homosexuality is wrong so its wrong. You cant be both a true Christian and a queer
thats not twisting what the bible says...? you need to think of the context for which it was written, 2000 years ago by scribes of Jesus and then re-translated thousands of times. You have to allow room for error. It doesnt make sence when you consider that you cant choose to be gay. Example, why would someone chose to be gay? Its natural for our body to have sexual attraction and its not possible to just block out our hormones. If I, for example, decided to be gay one day, it wouldnt work. Why? because im not gay, and therefore, if I said im gay, i wouldnt be very happy, because that would mean no sex with women.

Stream:

I

iP AlwayZ

Ok i got a question, why was Christianity never realy world-wide? I feel that little no none Asians are Christian. If the God that "So Loved the World" really loved it he woulda had Jesus's Mission World-Wide right? Not just around Israel.

Stream:

GaZa

Founder
Bro, i respect your keen interpertation about the bible, However, for a person being gay, is not an abomination. Because a person cant help themselves from being gay. It is not a choice, it is who they are. In contrast proceeding in a homosexual act is a choice to do a sin against God. Whereas the bible says an homosexual is a generic term for men who engage in sodomy. There is a vast division that has lead to many misunderstandings from Romans and Corintheinians explicit condemation of homosexuality.

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
Bro, i respect your keen interpertation about the bible, However, for a person being gay, is not an abomination. Because a person cant help themselves from being gay. It is not a choice, it is who they are. In contrast proceeding in a homosexual act is a choice to do a sin against God. Whereas the bible says an homosexual is a generic term for men who engage in sodomy. There is a vast division that has lead to many misunderstandings from Romans and Corintheinians explicit condemation of homosexuality.
Yes, thank you. exactly what i posted above :)

Stream:

Velatorix

Founder

I understand your beliefs bro, I am only passing on what the Bible says about the subjects brought up. Are you referring to having thoughts about sexual acts with men but not performing them?

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict

I understand your beliefs bro, I am only passing on what the Bible says about the subjects brought up. Are you referring to having thoughts about sexual acts with men but not performing them?
read my first post on the last page, that's what he is referring to.

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
I did and I'm not referring to that, I want to know exactly what Gaza means.
well i guess believe what you want, but im just reasoning my way of interpreting the bible, and really that's the main difference between the sects of Christianity, how they all interpret the bible.

Stream:

DM Caveman

Taste the Rainbow
thats not twisting what the bible says...? you need to think of the context for which it was written, 2000 years ago by scribes of Jesus and then re-translated thousands of times. You have to allow room for error. It doesnt make sence when you consider that you cant choose to be gay. Example, why would someone chose to be gay? Its natural for our body to have sexual attraction and its not possible to just block out our hormones. If I, for example, decided to be gay one day, it wouldnt work. Why? because im not gay, and therefore, if I said im gay, i wouldnt be very happy, because that would mean no sex with women.
The Word Of God Is 100% Inerrant!

I Corinthians 5:9-13.

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
See that in bold? No offense meant: That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard.
What makes people believe that they are gay (because no one is truly gay; homosexuality is obviously unnatural) is the effects of culture upon them. Why is homosexuality a bigger issue now then it was 100 years ago? Because the culture has changed. Homosexuality has slowly grown to be a larger practice: it isn't something you're born into.

According to Leviticus, homosexuality is a sin. However, Jesus never really brings up the topic, right?
Not quite.
Jesus said that he came "Not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it." He was the ultimate sacrifice, in place of the small sacrifices that had been used for thousands of years. So, if he's fulfilling the law, then we can assume that the old rules still apply. Leviticus says that God detests homosexuality, and so it stands.

The thing about gay Christians is this (and I'm not trying to judge, I'm just repeating the Bible): If you claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ, yet still live in sin (and we've already established that homosexuality is a sin), then you are a liar. Check out Romans 6.
This is not to say that you will never sin. However, because of your freedom in Jesus Christ, you're no longer bound by that sin. Contrary to what people seem to believe, Jesus came to bring freedom, not chains. Freedom from sin, freedom from guilt, freedom from religion. Yes, I said freedom from religion.

Here's the thing, though. If you're a Christian and you're gay, I may disagree with you, but I will not let it hinder our relationship.
Romans 14. If homosexuality is wrong, then the homosexual Christian will answer to God for it. It is not my job to judge him.

I haven't read this topic all the way through, so I'll leave it at this for now.

Stream:

Velatorix

Founder
The Bible was not re-translated thousands of times. It was written in the Hebrew and Greek and then translated as word for word as possible into English by King James in 1611. All those other versions of the Bible may have been re-trandslated multiple times, but the as accurate as possible word for word version of the Bible has not. (KJV) I'd rather have the most accurate direct translation of the Bible there is than a new "version" which they re-wrote to say what they thought it should say.

Stream:

Velatorix

Founder
See that in bold? No offense meant: That is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard.
What makes people believe that they are gay (because no one is truly gay; homosexuality is obviously unnatural) is the effects of culture upon them. Why is homosexuality a bigger issue now then it was 100 years ago? Because the culture has changed. Homosexuality has slowly grown to be a larger practice: it isn't something you're born into.

According to Leviticus, homosexuality is a sin. However, Jesus never really brings up the topic, right?
Not quite.
Jesus said that he came "Not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it." He was the ultimate sacrifice, in place of the small sacrifices that had been used for thousands of years. So, if he's fulfilling the law, then we can assume that the old rules still apply. Leviticus says that God detests homosexuality, and so it stands.

The thing about gay Christians is this (and I'm not trying to judge, I'm just repeating the Bible): If you claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ, yet still live in sin (and we've already established that homosexuality is a sin), then you are a liar. Check out Romans 6.
This is not to say that you will never sin. However, because of your freedom in Jesus Christ, you're no longer bound by that sin. Contrary to what people seem to believe, Jesus came to bring freedom, not chains. Freedom from sin, freedom from guilt, freedom from religion. Yes, I said freedom from religion.

Here's the thing, though. If you're a Christian and you're gay, I may disagree with you, but I will not let it hinder our relationship.
Romans 14. If homosexuality is wrong, then the homosexual Christian will answer to God for it. It is not my job to judge him.

I haven't read this topic all the way through, so I'll leave it at this for now.

100% agree with you bro, excellent post.

Stream:

I

iP AlwayZ

Velatorix.. i really want an answere here:

If God "So Loved The World" Then why didn't his Son Jesus spread the word world-wide? Like The whole Asian population is not Christian it seams like.

Stream:

Velatorix

Founder
Velatorix.. i really want an answere here:

If God "So Loved The World" Then why didn't his Son Jesus spread the word world-wide? Like The whole Asian population is not Christian it seams like.
Everyone has the choice to become a Christian or not, it's a personal choice. As far as spreading the Word world-wide, he did command that in the Great Commission, quoting from memory here but I know it's accurate, "Go ye into all the world, preaching the gospel to every creature." My church personally supports missionaries in Asia, China, and Japan. However some of those countries are communist or otherwise opposed to allowing Christianity into their countries, the Word has been sent there, or has been tried, but again it's their choice to be hostile towards it. A lot of eastern countries are resistant to western philosophies, that's just the way it is.

Stream:

I

iP AlwayZ

Everyone has the choice to become a Christian or not, it's a personal choice. As far as spreading the Word world-wide, he did command that in the Great Commission, quoting from memory here but I know it's accurate, "Go ye into all the world, preaching the gospel to every creature." My church personally supports missionaries in Asia, China, and Japan. However some of those countries are communist or otherwise opposed to allowing Christianity into their countries, the Word has been sent there, or has been tried, but again it's their choice to be hostile towards it. A lot of eastern countries are resistant to western philosophies, that's just the way it is.
Ok thank you, that cleared up a lot.

Stream:

GaZa

Founder
The bible is without error, however it must be interperted in a relistic way. Whereas times have changed, technology, has widened our knowledge on certain situations that have been exbited within the bible.For example: Homosexuality. The bible is the word of god, But it is written through men that served him. The Catholic religion is a religion that is based on love, and forgiveness. For sinners, will still enter the kingdom of God. For we are all sinners. So by defining a group of people(Homosexuals) as sinners, was correct back in the times when the bible was written,But it is up for question to date. Don`t get me wrong, i am a strong believer in the bible, but not everything in the bible should be taken directly. Because in the times of Moses, if you would of broken one of the ten Commandments as in the bible you would be subject to judgement. Whereas When the Jews broke the commandments by serving an idol they suffered for over 1000 years with out being able to enter paradise. We have changed the bible in our own ways to fit our needs, the bible itself has changed in reference from the Old testament to the New testament(forgiveness). We must also derive our own interpertations. Not one person is correct we must serve God the best way we know how.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member

Yes u can, anybody can be born into anything, some are born gay due to their hormones not developing fully.

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
The Bible was not re-translated thousands of times. It was written in the Hebrew and Greek and then translated as word for word as possible into English by King James in 1611. All those other versions of the Bible may have been re-trandslated multiple times, but the as accurate as possible word for word version of the Bible has not. (KJV) I'd rather have the most accurate direct translation of the Bible there is than a new "version" which they re-wrote to say what they thought it should say.

Actually, Eugene Peterson translated the Bible from directly Greek and Hebrew to English in his Message translation. I know it's a controversial translation, but I love using it alongside the NLT translation.

And Mex, just because your hormones aren't fully developed doesn't make you gay. It means you have a lesser natural sexual attraction. I maintain my point: Culture drives people to think that they are gay. Men with more feminine personalities are conditioned by our culture through movies and books to think that they're homosexual. It's not a birthright, it's a mindset.

Also, Gaza, what 1000 years are you even talking about?
And true, we're all sinners. The difference is this: Have we accepted the forgiveness that Jesus Christ offers? And, if you've accepted it and given your life to Jesus, why would you still willingly choose to live in sin?

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict

Not quite.

you sir are debating science, which will always result in failure. Homosexuality has existed for as long as people have ie: there is evidence that Alexander the Great was gay. The only thing about our culture that has changed in 100 years is that we have become more tolerant. 100 years ago blacks didn't have any right and people used the bible to say that blacks were inferior to whites. luckily that's changed. As flymex said, there is substantial evidence that homosexuality is caused by undeveloped hormones. therefore, like i already said, you couldn't chose to be gay because it would bring a straight person no satisfaction. Why would someone want to be gay? society shuns these people, and it would go against human nature for a straight person to act gay. this is a logic based argument but unfortunately logic doesn't always win. The bible also says the earth is only about 3000 years old. Do you really believe that?