SPACE! ALIENS! READ!

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
600 years it'd take us to get there, so if we left now, we'd get there in 2611, that's a good ol' trip, where 'Are we there yet' will get overused before you get to Mars.

A light year = The distance light travels in the period of one year.
The top speed for a spaceshuttle..17,500mph
The speed of light..670,616,629 mph (legit number), which is 38,320 times faster than the fastest spacecraft we have ever managed to produce. We means, that 600 year trip you just calculated turns out to be the 22,992,000 year trip it would take assuming no pit stops (note: going top speed with an object that weighs approx. 2200 tons [4400000lbs] doesn't exactly get great gas milleage). Sooo..better pack a lunch and some extra fuel.

Stream:

Mobius 1

Colonel
Don't forget to bring the women with, for reproducing babies who will be born into generations of space travelers, who will never see their home planet, and never experience the enjoyment of the wind on their face. We'd most likely travel there when we can travel at light speed XD

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
they can crack a window and enjoy some wind on their face.

and whats the point off all these discoveries if we cant go there or anything... how bout think of something thatl get us there.

Stream:

Mobius 1

Colonel
The point of these discoveries, is to ease the human mind.... We're curious creatures, that will never stop being curious.

Cracking a window in space is the best idea in the known universe Vis

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
they can crack a window and enjoy some wind on their face.

and whats the point off all these discoveries if we cant go there or anything... how bout think of something thatl get us there.
We'll shine a giant, but precise, light at them and hope that in 600 years they send someone back for us.

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
ya hunters idea seems better,

because if nasa is shelling out billings of dollars to ease some minds, then i think itd be more easing to put the money somewhere else, or just give it to me

Stream:

DM OldmanJenkins

I NEED TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE
It's 600 Lightyears, but this is fucking candy... A planet? OOOOHH! Why don't they talk about the fuckin countelss ships seen daily by whole cities here on earth?

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
Ive never seen a ship, but if i do il make sure to whip my droid out and snap a pic

Stream:

DM xFantin

Retired Canadian
Founder
Addict
Lmfao the bush picture..

Oh and just because a planet is more far then it's more in the future or something ?? Wtf
Yes, because everytime you look at something in the sky, you are looking into the past. Since the light from this planet took 600 years to reach us (thus the term 600 light years away), you are looking 600 years into the past.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
time moves slower on the moon i think
time is relative to the objects around you. i also believe your pulse and gravity have something to do with the way that time flows to any one individual. for example if you sit in a room alone, doing nothing. time will not fly and it will seem like an eternity. However if you were driving, it would seem that time is moving fast.

ex. i can be writing an essay (which i am) all night and it will feel like an eternity. however when i'm driving to school and it only takes me 20 minutes, it will feel like if it were only 9.

of course its not this simple but yea.

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
Yes, because everytime you look at something in the sky, you are looking into the past. Since the light from this planet took 600 years to reach us (thus the term 600 light years away), you are looking 600 years into the past.
Yah but this isnt a star, where it would take the light to travel too long, its a planet. we see it how it is now.

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
oh and time is the same everywhere, wheter you take a stopwatch to a moon, or earth, itl count the same, and youd get old the same way too, wouldnt be young for 200 years.

Stream:

Simkin

Prestige 2
Lol DH you only just heard about this? And do you know how long it will take to get to that planet?

To me its old news

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
Yah but this isnt a star, where it would take the light to travel too long, its a planet. we see it how it is now.
Light is light, the planet we see is the reflection of the light from that planet's star. So yes, we are seeing the planet from 600 years ago.

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
Theres always a possibility scientists are wrong about alot of things. theories change every year...