SPACE! ALIENS! READ!

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
Console: Headset:
NASA Telescope Confirms Alien Planet in Habitable Zone

NASA's planet-hunting Kepler spacecraft has confirmed the discovery of its first alien world in its host star's habitable zone — that just-right range of distances that could allow liquid water to exist — and found more than 1,000 new explanet candidates, researchers announced today (Dec. 5). The new finds bring the Kepler space telescope's total haul to 2,326 potential planets in its first 16 months of operation.These discoveries, if confirmed, would quadruple the current tally of worlds known to exist beyond our solar system, which recently topped 700.
The potentially habitable alien world, a first for Kepler, orbits a star very much like our own sun. The discovery brings scientists one step closer to finding a planet like our own — one which could conceivably harbor life, scientists said.

Kepler-22b's radius is 2.4 times that of Earth, and the two planets have roughly similar temperatures. If the greenhouse effect operates there similarly to how it does on Earth, the average surface temperature on Kepler-22b would be 72 degrees Fahrenheit (22 degrees Celsius).

Full Article: http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-telescop...Op8oqluWfIaZEy5JmG9kxP_A_4-MEnnqrW9NdOwts#_=_

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
Great. And only 2.4 million light years away. Let's go travel in that machine we made that travels at the speed of light for the whole 2.4 million years it's going to take us to travel there. But wait -- there's more! We also need to bring those suits that keeps our mass from reaching infinity while we are breaking the space-time continuum. If we can manage that, the trip will only seem lime a few moments to us. How fun.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
Great. And only 2.4 million light years away. Let's go travel in that machine we made that travels at the speed of light for the whole 2.4 million years it's going to take us to travel there. But wait -- there's more! We also need to bring those suits that keeps our mass from reaching infinity while we are breaking the space-time continuum. If we can manage that, the trip will only seem lime a few moments to us. How fun.
nigga have u seen star trek? we don't need any space suits!

Stream:

DM xFantin

Retired Canadian
Founder
Addict
ITs 600 light years away, meaning that even if we could detect the life forms, they are actually 600 years more evolved. Imagine humans in the year 1400 compared to now.

Its all speculation anyway

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
exactly fantin!!!! that means that the planet is 600 years more evolved for life!!

now if it only has a surplus of oxygen and water.......

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
exactly fantin!!!! that means that the planet is 600 years more evolved for life!!

now if it only has a surplus of oxygen and water.......
they say they believe that there is possible water there.

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
Lmfao the bush picture..

Oh and just because a planet is more far then it's more in the future or something ?? Wtf

Stream:

DM DeathWish

Founding Member
^ If it is a UFO Leave a message saying there's no 99.9 intelligent life here Thank you.
EARTH.

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
ITs 600 light years away, meaning that even if we could detect the life forms, they are actually 600 years more evolved. Imagine humans in the year 1400 compared to now.

Its all speculation anyway
That's assuming that the planet was formed at the exact same time as us..lol. xP

Edit: I'm confused..how would we be able to detect life from that far away? xD I can hardly detect life in my woods 600 ft away.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
Edit: I'm confused..how would we be able to detect life from that far away? xD I can hardly detect life in my woods 600 ft away.
by using telescopes..... ask sasquatch, he's into astronomy. he should be able to give you a reasonable response

Stream:

Mobius 1

Colonel
That's assuming that the planet was formed at the exact same time as us..lol. xP

Alien life isn't yet confirmed there, it's just been confirmed that it has a habitable atmosphere that is similar to Earth's, because it's in the Goldilocks zone, and has a mass similar to ours.

600 years it'd take us to get there, so if we left now, we'd get there in 2611, that's a good ol' trip, where 'Are we there yet' will get overused before you get to Mars.