MW3 PS3 Update

Stream:

DM Kola

''Former'' H3 Commander
Console: Headset:
my honest opinion is there shoudn't be "roles" on the team, everyone should be able to do everything when needed. Sure there are guys that are gonna have more assists than others or more caps than others, but idk if u wanna specifically say we have "roles" cause that just limits each player mentally. anyone else agree?

Stream:

DM Marine

U3 Expert
Founding Member
Haha, nice thread Marine. Good turn out eh?! Don't worry if u guys want to scrim or something you guys can, but when I come back we going further with positions. Because I'm probably the only one that knows about this :O. Marine Good Luck getting recruits bro and remember to update me whenever on aim or here. Juni over and out.
yea bro i'll keep you updated on aim

Stream:

DM Marine

U3 Expert
Founding Member
my honest opinion is there shoudn't be "roles" on the team, everyone should be able to do everything when needed. Sure there are guys that are gonna have more assists than others or more caps than others, but idk if u wanna specifically say we have "roles" cause that just limits each player mentally. anyone else agree?
i kinda agree with you but we need roles so people can know what there doing. most of the time i see people just rush and get killed -__- like i said pick the roles that suited u the best and we can get better if this doesn't work then we don't do it but at least give it a try.

Stream:

DM Morbid

Founder
Completely agree. Roles do not work well.

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
To be honest roles seem kinda confusing. Especially when some overlap. A slayer is well a slayer, but support seems kind of fuzzy in what they do exactly that depicts them as "support"

Stream:

DM Marine

U3 Expert
Founding Member
if you guys really think that then i can take off the roles but we all gotta agree tho.

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
I personally can go either way. Mostly because i don't want to get screwed when all of us are talking on the mic trying to make split-second decisions. On the other hand they are confusing as i stated before. Ur call marine

Stream:

Junnnii

2nd Lieutenant
@Morb and Kola : Roles do not work well if theres no communication nor if people are selfish. I got my fair share of those moments when it didn't work but it works trust me. If we scrim hard and we pick the RIGHT roles we can manage.

@Kinger : The only reason why it's soo confusing it's becuase we haven't practiced it, you'll see when we start practicing we will get the hang of it.

Everyone else, I recommend if you guys watch alot of competitive MW3 games, or livestreams. Preferably Team FeaR Pro twitch.tv/moho <- OBJ player, twitch.tv/sharp <- Slayer. Or youtube :D

Well Juni over and out! :)

Stream:

DM Marine

U3 Expert
Founding Member
I personally can go either way. Mostly because i don't want to get screwed when all of us are talking on the mic trying to make split-second decisions. On the other hand they are confusing as i stated before. Ur call marine
lets just give it a try and if it doesn't work we don't do it

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
In a GB/MLG Varient gameplay, roles are essential IMO.

Stream:

DM Kola

''Former'' H3 Commander
i hate referring back to halo but i may as well do it.

With a game such as halo, you have the person who grabs snipe, the person who does obj, the slayer, and the support player. There is no EXACT role except for the sniper. When it comes to games like halo, of course the support player is one of the most important because he's the one putting shots on people across map and double teaming people. However, with such a fast kill time in cod its hard to have a real "support" player. IMO, the support player for cod would be someone who just doesn't push past the midpoint of the map.

Teamwork, communication, and dedication is what you need to be successful at this game. I watched so many hours of halo VoD, it was ridic. if you guys wanna see some professional black op players and what they did then check out this link...

http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/events/7-mlg-providence-nat-l-championships

After all is said and done, it is Marine's call on how we go about things and how we play. I'm new to cod so i don't know what is best, I'm willing to try anything and strive to succeed but in my opinion as long as we work as a TEAM, move together, and HELP eachother. then we will be fine. can't tell you how many times ive yelled "why the fuck am i not getting any help?" or "how is that guy still alive i called him out a while ago."

just my 2 cents

Stream:

DM RiCo ♛

[YARB] Bieber Fever!!!
Founding Member
You dont need to "assign" roles. Ppl should just fall into what they are more comfortable with. Like if i joind a team and they were like hey play slayer, i could probably run slayer for a couple games then id start going OBJ bc even when i pull back to help with slaying im still in a obj mindset, just my playstyle. That kinda happened bc i dont have patience or a great shot. I think there should be roles, but it is essential for everybody to know how to shift roles when needed i.e. Playin CTF 4v4 me andy drator mich. Drator and andy get two-pieced (bc they garbage) mich calls out two guys pushing our flag, id probably be around the enemy flag waiting for us to get some guys down to pull but id switch to a more defensive role then OBJ to try and prevent them from gettin a pull an being setup to cap it easily. Or lets say drator does die but he gets a 2-piece nade before. Mich would have to push out of our spawn to provide support for me pulling the flag. (this example is from when us 4 were together, id pull flags, andy n drator hopped between slayer/support dependin on who was slayin better durin tht particular game, and mich almost always defended. Lol yea i remember my stuff) just play into whatever u guys are comfortable in and adjust if u for sure are runnin with this set team. With enough practice you guys will get comfortable with each others roles, even tho there may be a better role that suits ur playstyle idk my thoughts

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
You dont need to "assign" roles. Ppl should just fall into what they are more comfortable with. Like if i joind a team and they were like hey play slayer, i could probably run slayer for a couple games then id start going OBJ bc even when i pull back to help with slaying im still in a obj mindset, just my playstyle. That kinda happened bc i dont have patience or a great shot. I think there should be roles, but it is essential for everybody to know how to shift roles when needed i.e. Playin CTF 4v4 me andy drator mich. Drator and andy get two-pieced (bc they garbage) mich calls out two guys pushing our flag, id probably be around the enemy flag waiting for us to get some guys down to pull but id switch to a more defensive role then OBJ to try and prevent them from gettin a pull an being setup to cap it easily. Or lets say drator does but he gets a 2-piece nade before. Mich would have to push out of our spawn to provide support for me pulling the flag. (this example is from when us 4 were together, id pull flags, andy n dratpr hopped between slayer/support dependin on who was slayin better durin tht particular game, and mich almost always defended. Lol yea i remember my stuff) just play into whatever u guys are comfortable in and adjust if u for sure are runnin with this set team. With enough practice you guys will get comfortable with each others roles, even tho there may be a better role that suits ur playstyle idk my thoughts
that statement is accurate.

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Marine why don't we just try it? It may not work in a couple of matches but at least we tried it out. Or it could work, never know. To be honest it doesn't sound like a half bad idea, successful teams use roles,, so it most work for some.

Stream:

DM Marine

U3 Expert
Founding Member
Marine why don't we just try it? It may not work in a couple of matches but at least we tried it out. Or it could work, never know. To be honest it doesn't sound like a half bad idea, successful teams use roles,, so it most work for some.
thats what i said earlier in the thread