The Only Way To Heaven

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
Console: Headset:
Why would you want to be straight?
because I like girls, not guys. having sex with girls gives me pleasure. imagining anything sexual between me and a guy is disgusting. I also dont get ridiculed by a society for being straight. and its "culturally acceptable". Thats why Im straight

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
Yea we came from sea creatures. Bowser that theory u talk about mentalist. That that without experience we can't imagine it. Well look at technology now. No past experience but it's here and real! Explain THAT
Seen in things we can't explain. All technology does for our senses is take the seemingly supernatural and make it containable. We see birds fly, and technology gives us planes. We see light and colors reflected upon the water, and technology gives us TVs. We hear echoes, and technology gives us sound recordings. Technology hasn't done anything that we haven't pieced together from experience.

Also, some of us are going about this respectfully. Don't go at this with the shotgun approach.

xD no matter what i say, i can never hold an argument for too long... i gotta work on thatxD
im sure that the first people to think up the Gods, just thought of them as leaders, to rule them. i dont think they knew it would go this far...
now that i mentioned GodS, it got me thinking about how many different religions there are, all saying they are the correct one, and you should worship no other God. They all say pretty much the same thing, and most of them created the world. so, how do we know which one is the correct one? did they all just join up and create the world together? XD
that there^^ is one of the reasons why i dislike religions..
It's all about knowing why you believe what you believe, bro. It's the reason why questions are important!

I can see the reasoning behind that. Hmm. Man doesn't have a history of choosing to give power to greater beings, though. ahaha.

Here's the thing about it, though..and I'll focus on Mormonism, Islam, Buddhism, and Christianity here.
Buddhism doesn't actually tell you any sort of truth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that it actually encourages you to go and find the truth.
Mormonism..I won't even get into Mormonism. Not because I disagree with it, but because it isn't credible in the slightest. I apologize to any of you who may be Mormons here. Here's the thing about Mormonism: It's an expansion upon Christianity; it claims to have a separate history than the Bible (the book of Mormon), which has no historical proof or even credibility; they're hostile towards other religions including Christianity, even though they've lightened up on Christians over the years because they were being too exclusive; and more. I'm currently studying Mormonism, so I'm not speaking out of total ignorance. I can give you the whole story of how it started, if you're interested. Which I don't think you are. ahaha.

And I'm not trying to bash the beliefs of any of these religions, I'm just explaining what I know is true about them.

Islam - and I'm going to be very, very careful here, because I know that some of you are Muslims in some form - is an interesting religion. When it was created, it was made to include all of the major religions of the time by claiming that Allah was also the God of the Jews and Christians. Like Mormonism, it tried to improve upon Christianity. It has its own "Bible", the Koran, which is a book of rules, revelations, and morals. Like Mormonism, it also began by a revelation given to an individual in solitude.
Here's the two problems with Islam:
1. It isn't timeless. It won't always hold true in every time and place. Even now, there are things allowed and commanded in the Koran that are illegal in many countries. Here's what Alexis de Tocqueville says about it in Democracy In America (which is a great book. Long as heck, but you should read it if you haven't):

"Muhammad brought down from heaven and put into the Koran not religious doctrines only, but political maxims, criminal and civil laws, and scientific theories. The Gospels, on the other hand, deal only with the general relations between man and God and between man and man. Beyond that, they teach nothing and do not oblige people to believe anything. That alone, among a thousand reasons, is enough to show that Islam will not be able to hold its power long in ages of enlightenment and democracy, while Christianity is destined to reign in such ages, as in all others."

2. It encourages hostility towards those who don't believe in Islam. This is the reason for some terrorist attacks, even though I will clarify and say that it is not the reason for ALL of them, nor are all Muslims terrorists. But as for what they're religion teaches..check out this link: http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/islam_unbelievers.html
Or, if you're just not that interested, this quote from the Koran will suffice: "Slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." (Qur'an 9:5)
So, Allah is forgiving..as long as you're doing what he wants you to do. Otherwise he commands his followers to take you captive and/or kill you. There are other verses if you follow that link.

Finally, Christianity. I will never, ever tell you to be a Christian. Christians have a horrible history and reputation, and they've well-deserved it. Things have been done in the name of Jesus that make me cringe.
However, Christianity's thing isn't about being exclusive. It teaches that there is only one way to heaven, yes, but it says that ALL have the choice to choose whether or not they go that way. Jesus commanded us to love, forgive, and be courageous without limits.
So, I won't encourage you to be a Christian, I'll encourage you to follow Jesus.
Jesus isn't about sin.
He isn't about punishment.
He isn't about church.
He isn't about justification.
He isn't about redemption.
He isn't about salvation.
He isn't even about forgiveness.
His goal is love. Love love love love love. It sounds ridiculous, but that was his entire purpose. That's who he is.
And because of his love for you, he offers you those things.
Justification.
Redemption.
Salvation.
Forgiveness.
Life.
But also, because he loves you, he gives you the choice. He won't force it upon you. And any Christian that tries to force their belief on you is being too much like a church-Christian, and not enough like Jesus. Because a Christian, by definition, should be a "little Christ."

So..that's all I have to say. For now. Sorry for all my essays. ;P

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
you guys are over complicating it read my lat post. Does it make sense? In stead of answering a question with a question, why would you chose to be Gay?

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
you guys are over complicating it read my lat post. Does it make sense? In stead of answering a question with a question, why would you chose to be Gay?
The problem with your last post was that it relies entirely on opinion. A "gay" person could say that sex with a girl disgusts them, and sex with a guy gives them pleasure.
Honestly, it's just unnatural. Guys and girls were obviously made to go together. It's a no-brainer. Guys and guys? Girls and girls? It just isn't the same. Sure, you can make it work, but that doesn't make it natural.

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
The problem with your last post was that it relies entirely on opinion. A "gay" person could say that sex with a girl disgusts them, and sex with a guy gives them pleasure.
Honestly, it's just unnatural. Guys and girls were obviously made to go together. It's a no-brainer. Guys and guys? Girls and girls? It just isn't the same. Sure, you can make it work, but that doesn't make it natural.
But why would you WANT to say you are gay?

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
well why would you want to say you are christian, or muslim, or atheist, or black, or white, or a lakers fan, or from USA, or something like that?
you think its wrong, because you are not gay or a lakers fan, or christian, or muslim, or atheist, or black, or white.
but to them, its right. to them its normal. to me its normal, and im not gay. i just have an open mind and think that all people/ beliefs are equal/ to be respected, at least.

Stream:

DM MeNTaLiST

Former FTB3 Commander
Founding Member
well why would you want to say you are christian, or muslim, or atheist, or black, or white, or a lakers fan, or from USA, or something like that?
you think its wrong, because you are not gay or a lakers fan, or christian, or muslim, or atheist, or black, or white.
but to them, its right. to them its normal. to me its normal, and im not gay. i just have an open mind and think that all people/ beliefs are equal/ to be respected, at least.
This. (10 char)

Stream:

DM Raiden

Darken_Raiden
Founder
Founding Member
Addict
what was once a good thread turned into a gay debate thread....y you guys arguing anyway? what do you get out of it? the first post of this thread is really what matters.

Stream:

I

iP AlwayZ

None of you read the bible you are making me feel dumb with your lack of religious knowledge just shut-up all of you.

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
None of you read the bible you are making me feel dumb with your lack of religious knowledge just shut-up all of you.
if youve read the bible and you act liek you do then you are the worst example ever.