Banner Contest!

Stream:

DM Morbid

Founder
Console: Headset:
Hey, im not tryn to hate...just tryn to say you should be able to walk the walk before you talk the talk. And i am not really sure if putting the eraser on 50% and erasing the edges of a picture really count as good blending bud lol however, i do like this one more....i changed the colors a little bit(hope you dont mind) just so that it fits the colors that nightmare already has

And honestly after looking over the darker colored blue version of yours, i think the blends looks alot better because of the darkness

Stream:

x_TheBear_x

2nd Lieutenant
Hey, im not tryn to hate...just tryn to say you should be able to walk the walk before you talk the talk. And i am not really sure if putting the eraser on 50% and erasing the edges of a picture really count as good blending bud lol however, i do like this one more....i changed the colors a little bit(hope you dont mind) just so that it fits the colors that nightmare already has

And honestly after looking over the darker colored blue version of yours, i think the blends looks alot better because of the darkness
Sorry to bust your bubble, but that's not what I did at all. Here's how I blended:

1)I took a chalk brush at about 57% strength and put it to about 15% scatter, 12px big, and spread to about 15%, then I smudged up the edges of the stocks.

2)I took the same chalk brush, but applied it to the eraser tools, and got rid of all the little bits and peices I didn't want, then fixed those areas with some liquify or a blur.

3) I went to the resistance layer (which used to be blue) and put a very dense warming filter over it.

4) I added an exposure, gamma, and offset layer:
-Gamma: 1.2365
-Offset: 1.23
-exposure 2.12

5) I added a copper gradient map over all the layers, and then set that to soft light at about 69% opacity.

6) I added one very light cooling photo filter, then a midway dense warming photo filter.

7) I merged the layers and got rid of any imperfections with the smudge or eraser.

So, learn what it takes to walk the walk, before you talk to someone who knows how to talk the talk AND walk the walk. No offence.

OH, one more thing, all you did was add a cyan hue layer to my banner, and, it kinda destroys what I was going for. And, if you wanted to make the darks darker, you could have just used an exposure layer or a curves layer.

Stream:

DM Morbid

Founder
Honestly, i don't even have to read all the things you did....cause it does not matter what you really did, it matters what it LOOKS like you did.

Stream:

x_TheBear_x

2nd Lieutenant
Honestly, i don't even have to read all the things you did....cause it does not matter what you really did, it matters what it LOOKS like you did.
It was the simple fact that you insulted a lot of hard work that was put into a banner that I didn't even half to make for your site, by saying "oh, it's just a 50% opacity eraser", so, from now on, don't come to me if you want anything GFX done, because I'll half ass it, because you don't appreciate hard work.

Stream:

DM Morbid

Founder
It was the simple fact that you insulted a lot of hard work that was put into a banner that I didn't even half to make for your site, by saying "oh, it's just a 50% opacity eraser", so, from now on, don't come to me if you want anything GFX done, because I'll half ass it, because you don't appreciate hard work.
Sorry you are offended by my honesty. As i said though, it doesn't matter if you spend 5 hours perfecting an image if in the end it looks like the image took you five minutes. Hardwork doesn't always promise success.

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Now....now...Bear...Anyone can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving. Thanks for the tips....like I said it wasn't done and was just checking to see if I was on the right track with all the games included. If we need all those games.....
What about our PC crew with crossfire?...should I include this game. What about counter strike?

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
I hate to throw a curve ball here, but I have future plans to release a new skin for this same style: MW3 theme for its up coming release 11/08/11. I usually go off the color scheme based off the game, so expect some green, Black and white with a new background picture.

I understand everyone is taking their time to try to make a banner specified for this theme, but since some theme changes will occur, I recommend making different colored banner themes. Sorry for this inconvenience; this should have been mentioned in the beginning >.<

Stream:

DM Morbid

Founder
Dr, if that's the case I would say just put the blue version of bears banner up or pick one of outlaws....just to make the site a little more attractive until u update theme

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
Morbid, Forbid, Bearbid, and Outlawbid should work together. fuck a contest

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普

When i put Bear's(on top) next to DL's(on bottom), i think DL's blending is much better. Bear, yours looks like all you did to blend things was use the smudge tool...
i do like this one because its awesome. Im glad that he added CF into it :) thanks man! Makes me feel important!

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
outlaws are cool but his banners are too colorfurl i would say. or too bright. and morb it looks different when someone uses the smudge tool..

Stream:

DM Deathrow

Most of these banners are 800 x 200. The requirement says 800 x 180. Is this dimension not possible?

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
the current banner is gay NO Reach, gears, mw2, socom, resistance teams, and it looks like there is some space marine bitch on it too. Where is the stuff that rlly matters? Mw3, BF3, CF (200+ Wins under the DM name I might add.) like what the fuck!!

Stream:

DM Deathrow

Perfect Ballin! THANK YOU SO MUCH. THIS MEANS A LOT <3