The New York Yankees are Champions of Baseball

Stream:

DM4L SK

мσѕт dσρє™
Console: Headset:
My man Hova just shitted on all you Yankee haters lmfao.

Stream:

DM xFantin

Retired Canadian
Founder
Addict
I want baseball to have a salary cap just like the other pro sports leagues, because my team will NEVER win a world series with the money they spend. I agree with the posts above, the world series is bought, not won.

The yankees are obviously the better team, and im not suprised they won, and pedro def got shown he wasnt as good as he thinks.

Stream:

D

den24cb

NIck Swisher dos NOT make 22 million. He makes about 5.4 million. I just looked it up. Thats actually very reasonable considering he hit 29 homeruns and had almost 90 RBI.

And the Phillies payroll was 110 million, not 74 million. and they "overpay" players more so than the yankees.
Brett Meyers and Brad Lidge each got 12 million. they had awful years.
Nick Swisher had to be twice as valuable a player than those two combined.
Ryan Howard made 15 million, he was absolutely terrible in the World Series.

and i think i said before that half the Yankee team isnt "bought".
i can name atleast 10 players out of their 25 that came up in the Yankee farm system.

and there is very little correlation between a team's payroll and team's success. The Mets and Cubs were 2nd and 3rd in payroll, and they each had a terrible season.

and if Phillies fans want to keep complaining about payroll, in 2008 the Phillies beat the Tampa Bay Devil rays to win their world series. At that time, the Rays had a payroll of just over 40 million.

110 million vz 40 million
i didnt hear anyone complaining at that. The Phillies are hypocrites. If the Yankees dont deserve their championship, then the Phillies certainly didnt deserve their 2008 championship.

and the yankees money is by no means an "unfair" advantage.
It would be unfair if that money wasn't earned.
George Steinbrenner is not the most wealthy amongst baseball owners.
In fact, he's only about 50 something in Forbes list of Sports Investors.

The difference is that he uses the money created by the franchise to improve the team.
whereas other owners simply pocket the money for themselves. Don't blame the Yankees for having money, blame the other owners for not giving the fans back their money.

The Cubs, until this past year, were owned by the Tribune Company.
Look them up, i guarantee you they have more than enough money to invest in a 200 million dollar baseball team.

THe Yankees get their money from their fans. The fans that fill every last of the 50,000 seats in Yankee Stadium, that buy all the jerseys, caps, mugs, hotdogs, and all the other shit that the franchise sells.

Is it unfair that the Yankees have such loyal, dedicated fans?
Is it unfair that their ownership rewards the fans by giving them back their money in the form of an improved team?
Is it unfair that the Yankee ownership is determined to improve their team, more so than the ownership of other teams?

Absolutely not.

I think you quoted the wrong person...

Stream:

DM PH

The Boss
Founding Member
I want baseball to have a salary cap just like the other pro sports leagues, because my team will NEVER win a world series with the money they spend. I agree with the posts above, the world series is bought, not won.

The yankees are obviously the better team, and im not suprised they won, and pedro def got shown he wasnt as good as he thinks.
MLB has a salary cap its just weak and many teams have no problem dishing out the couple million dollars in fees to overpay their players and pick up a star to add to an already stacked team.

Stream:

DM Viktomize

The Flyers Are The Best™
MLB has a salary cap its just weak and many teams have no problem dishing out the couple million dollars in fees to overpay their players and pick up a star to add to an already stacked team.
Since when did the MLB have a salary cap?

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
Its not a salary cap.
a salary would be a limit to the amount of money a team can spend.

MLB has a system of luxury taxes.

The teams that spend more than a certain amount have to pay a fee to MLB.

The money generated from that fee is given back to weaker teams (i think MLB also keeps a certain percentage for themselves).

Stream:

2 AmAzInG

Sergeant
Yea, we have money and your point is? Sports is a business, CC sabathia isnt going to play on a team that offers 10 million hes a good pitcher and he wants big bucks
Fuck the yankees. The only reason their good is because they over pay their players so bad. Nick Swisher makes 22 million?! Come on with dat....

Yankees 2009 Payroll: 172 Million

Phillies 2009 Payroll: 74 Million

Exactly. The only reason the yankees are good is because they overpay on free agents. Which isn't fair to the rest of the league.
First of all, the yankees have all that payroll because of the other 26 world series they've won, Plus, the best players play on the best teams and some of the reasons that the phillies lost is:
-Pitching fell apart with the exception of Lee
-Lidge had one of the worst seasons in his career
-Ryan Howard, WTF had like a 100-250 avg. in the World Series
-Yankees just had that overpowering line-up

BRONX BOMBERS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stream:

DM Viktomize

The Flyers Are The Best™
First of all, the yankees have all that payroll because of the other 26 world series they've won, Plus, the best players play on the best teams and some of the reasons that the phillies lost is:
-Pitching fell apart with the exception of Lee
-Lidge had one of the worst seasons in his career
-Ryan Howard, WTF had like a 100-250 avg. in the World Series
-Yankees just had that overpowering line-up

BRONX BOMBERS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah watching the world series as a Phillies fan it become obvious to me that the yankees were just better...

Stream:

2 AmAzInG

Sergeant
Yeah, it's just the Yankee's practically were built better than the Phillies

-Yanks finally got the bullpen that they needed
-A-Rod, Matsui delivered when they needed it

Phillies didn't even have as strong as a bullpen entering the Postseason

Stream:

DM4L SK

мσѕт dσρє™
It doesn't even matter anymore, i've realized that everyone is just jealous that Yankees won yet another world series, everybody I even know in real life are saying that they suck and WE ARE FROM NEW YORK, how are you gonna say your own team sucks lmfao? The Phillies fans that took the loss and Congratulated the yankee's are true fans, the ones that were saying it's bullshit are just bandwagoners, find a team and stick with them. NYY4L