Spec Ops: The Line

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
Console: Headset:
New Shooter?

Spec Ops: The Line is an upcoming video game being developed by Yager Development and published by 2K Games. The game is the ninth installment in the long-running Spec Ops series and it set to release sometime in 2012. The game will release on the Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms. It was officially announced at Spike Video Game Awards on December 12, 2009. The game is inspired by Joseph Conrad's novella Heart of Darkness.

[youtube]f1yh4lE1GH4[/youtube]

The Line is primarily a third-person shooter with emphasis on Squad-Based-Tactics. The player controls Captain Martin Walker who is accompanied by a Delta Force bravo team to rescue a U.S. Army Colonel who remained behind in Dubai. To accomplish this goal, players must traverse the city to neutralize enemy threats and natural disasters to find and recover the lost Colonel, named John Konrad. As the player progresses, better weapons and equipment will become available to accomplish goals more easily. Squad commands will also be available, allowing the player to direct their teammates to perform certain actions or move to certain areas. The game focuses on the natural sandstorms of Dubai to provide dynamic terrain changing during gameplay, similar to Fracture and the Red Faction Series. This is supported by an unpredictable engine that randomizes when and where sandstorms will arise, as well as how harsh they will be. Sandstorms may open or close paths to the players as well as turn advantages in a firefight. A multi-player mode will be included as well, though the extent of this has yet to be revealed. Yager describes the multiplayer as a campaign that expands the single-player experience. In addition, there will multiple mode types with at least a few focusing on terrain deformation and expansion.

[youtube]u7xALCVhfSw[/youtube]
Spec Ops: The LineDeveloper(s)Yager DevelopmentPublisher(s)2K GamesSeriesSpec OpsEngineUnreal Engine 3Platform(s)Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360Release date(s)2012Genre(s)Third-person shooter, tactical shooterMode(s)Single-player, multiplayerMedia/distributionBlu-ray Disc, DVD-DL

Swagg?

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
The game looks great, but I've never been a fan of third person shooters. I mean Socom and Gears of War will probably be the only third person shooters I'll ever like.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
game still in development? though it was dropped last year..... guess that's another game I'm looking forward too now

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
I'd imagine 3rd person shooters are primarily for PC gamers. Easier to control the gun I'd imagine. The game itself looks nice, but I feel like my accuracy would be in the .01% range.

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
Actually, as a PC gamer I personally like fps games over 3rd person games.

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
Actually, as a PC gamer I personally like fps games over 3rd person games.
Yeah I'm just saying that 3rd person shooters wool work better for the PC. FPS is usually better anyways, I agree.

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
yeah, i thought playing games like CoD on PC would be hard, but it just comes naturally to me. I'm decent on the controller but 9 times outta 10 i'd choose mouse and keyboard

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
Computer games are fucking fun. I just don't have a good enough PC for the job.

Stream:

DM firevice

I'm The Lawl Enforcer
Founder
Addict
I got into the closed beta of this game and fucking hated it. Unless they have changed a lot of things around I wouldn't recommend getting the game

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
I got into the closed beta of this game and fucking hated it. Unless they have changed a lot of things around I wouldn't recommend getting the game
u gotta be more specific, everyone doesn't have ur same taste in games

Stream:

DM firevice

I'm The Lawl Enforcer
Founder
Addict
u gotta be more specific, everyone doesn't have ur same taste in games
Well i did the beta like a year and a half ago or so, so i dont remember much, except that there were a lot of overpowered guns and people camped like motherfuckers. sandstorms occured like every 2 minutes and took away from the game tremendously

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
Well i did the beta like a year and a half ago or so, so i dont remember much, except that there were a lot of overpowered guns and people camped like motherfuckers. sandstorms occured like every 2 minutes and took away from the game tremendously
sandstorms sound like they can get annoying