Save Me, Juan Francisco

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
Don't be shellfish...
Can I assume that you’re still competitive in your league if you’re reading this article at this point in the year? Or are you simply looking to find solace from a lost fantasy baseball season? Well, I can’t promise that this article will save your team or your spirits but, then again, I can’t promise that it won’t either. After all, Juan Francisco should give you plenty to smile about, and not just for Brewers fans after a rough season. Following his mediocre .685 OPS across limited playing time in Atlanta, he’s thrived with consistent playing time in Milwaukee, posting a .245/.325/.511 line. I’ve always been one big Juan fan and am confident that he will be much closer to his Milwaukee line going forward. He doesn’t have a fantastic OBP, but his slugging will definitely help you, especially if you’re hurting at third base. That he’s largely available means that he can help you in your playoff push. Anyway, here are some other guys who might be able to save your team:
Scooter Gennett – His name sounds fake to me and that’s saying something considering my name. However, the production is real for now and that’s all that really matters. I didn’t think that he’d produce much more than a low .700’s OPS, but he’s worth a look if you need help at middle infield, especially if you can bench him against lefties.
Jedd Gyorko – Speaking of infielders with fake-sounding names, I mentioned picking him up last month. He’s starting to heat up and is available in a good number of leagues, so you know what to do…
Alex Rodriguez – Would you believe me if I told you that I recommended him over a month ago? What about now?
Neil Walker – I’ve recommended him so many times that I’m afraid people will associate me with him and I’ll be continually left on the waiver wire for fantasy baseball writers.
Darin Ruf – I’ve given up doubting this guy, haven’t I?
Justin Smoak – A couple weeks ago, I said, “I don’t understand why he’s not owned in more leagues and I really don’t understand why he’s being dropped in some leagues. He has the potential to produce well over an .800 OPS for the rest of the season.” Holding true to my narcissistic behavior, I still agree with myself.
Anthony Rendon – Why yes, I would pick up Rendon if he was available. He’s better than that guy you have there. And that one too.
Josh Willingham – If you need some power, Josh will cure what ails you, assuming a lack of power is what is ailing you.
Nate Schierholtz – As long as you can bench him against lefties, you should pick him up for me right now. Even if you can’t bench him, his .277/.330/.524 line this season should be enough to seduce you. Please, please, please, let me get what I want.
Tom Jacks is sporadically on Twitter @votetomjacks

More...