RizZaH's Getting into the Music Business

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
Console: Headset:
Sort of.

HipHop's always been a huge part of my life. I figured here in college would be the best time to explore it. I dusted off the FL Studio and the past few months I've been learning it inside and out. There are a few guys here in my school that are BEAST at electronic/dubstep/house music. They've been teaching me alot about the technical aspects of production. But yeah, I just started out, so I still sound rough.

I'm no good with instruments, but I'm pretty sick with a sampler. Trying that old-school soul sound. 9th Wonder, Just Blaze, Kanye West, DJ Premier are my biggest influences. If you know them, you might hear them in my work.

If you guys have time, let me know what you think of my stuff. I'd appreciate some feedback. JUST DONT BE DICKS!

http://soundcloud.com/bass9productions

Thank You!!!!!

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
Good shit Hova, my favorite was special, I would bump that for sure, I also liked horny, and dedicated to the one I love, the others were coo but didn't really grab my attention, but these 3 were really good, keep up the good work.

Stream:

DM Poisoned

@TheLifeLike
Founding Member
I'll listen when I get on a computer, but that's pretty good of you man, good shit (y)

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
I agree with everything 9 said. you might wanna try and get a slow start and then go balls in a couple seconds in... /2 cents.

Best of luck :)

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
like the we hug we kiss sample, and the intro to horny but then it just gets awkward...... overall. great job and good luck with all future projects

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
Hey it's Jasper, not even a rapper
Only on this beat to make my racks grow faster
Got a TV show, so I guess I'm an actor

Stream:

DM Morbid

Founder
nice to listen to some Hova music! You should make a remix to Techn9ne's Red Nose

Also, artist name... "The Firm" ;)

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
OH GOOD LORD THESE WERE ROUGH.

Bro, your drum patterns are generic! The boom, boom, tap crap gets old.

"Dedicated to my Love" was your best beat simply because the drums actually matched the BPMs (beats per minute) to the sample you used.

You need hardware! Go out on www.craigslist.org and find a cheap/used MPC to help you understand beat patterns, the use of sequences, chop and screw, and really open up a variety of different playing styles that you wouldn't have thought of.

Here's some inspiration from one of my own favorite *unknown youtube star* Boondoc

[youtube]P6OLnpMT0W0[/youtube]

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
I know Boon Boc, the way he chopped up the Chicago song is still one of my favorites flips I've ever heard.

I know my drums need work, I've been working on them. You'd hate to hear how bad they were a couple of months ago. A few of those beats were made before I upgraded to an expanded drumkit courtesy of my peers. My selection for drum samples and patterns is alot wider now, so I'm working on using those effectively.

And I'm a bit confused. I know my drums are bad, but they certainly aren't off beat. I don't know if you've ever used FL Studio, but its almost impossible to be off-beat. The sample method i use is based on beats, not based off time (like MPCs). Meaning i sample pieces of songs one or two beats at a time and just stretch them to whatever bpm I'm using. It makes it really easy to sequence them later.

I think what you might've meant is that my drums matched the melody. If i remember correctly, I did play the kicks to accent the bass in that beat. If you think that was a good idea, I'll keep that in mind for the next one.

But Thanks for the feedback, that def helps me going forward.

And I'm not sure if I'll invest in an mpc. Those are alot of money. So far all I've spent is 140 dollars for a pair of monitor headphones (well worth it even if i wasnt making beats) and a bit on CDs for samples.

I wanna make sure I'll be able to make the most of it before i pay for it. Meaning mastering what i have with me already first.

And Michigan, Princeton is amazing. Classes are a bitch, but I've met the most awesome people here. Some of the guys in this producers' club are some of the most talented musicians I've ever heard. It's a great place, you should visit sometime. If you promise not to embarrass me.

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
I know Boon Boc, the way he chopped up the Chicago song is still one of my favorites flips I've ever heard.

I know my drums need work, I've been working on them. You'd hate to hear how bad they were a couple of months ago. A few of those beats were made before I upgraded to an expanded drumkit courtesy of my peers. My selection for drum samples and patterns is alot wider now, so I'm working on using those effectively.

And I'm a bit confused. I know my drums are bad, but they certainly aren't off beat. I don't know if you've ever used FL Studio, but its almost impossible to be off-beat. The sample method i use is based on beats, not based off time (like MPCs). Meaning i sample pieces of songs one or two beats at a time and just stretch them to whatever bpm I'm using. It makes it really easy to sequence them later.

I think what you might've meant is that my drums matched the melody. If i remember correctly, I did play the kicks to accent the bass in that beat. If you think that was a good idea, I'll keep that in mind for the next one.

But Thanks for the feedback, that def helps me going forward.

And I'm not sure if I'll invest in an mpc. Those are alot of money. So far all I've spent is 140 dollars for a pair of monitor headphones (well worth it even if i wasnt making beats) and a bit on CDs for samples.

I wanna make sure I'll be able to make the most of it before i pay for it. Meaning mastering what i have with me already first.

And Michigan, Princeton is amazing. Classes are a bitch, but I've met the most awesome people here. Some of the guys in this producers' club are some of the most talented musicians I've ever heard. It's a great place, you should visit sometime. If you promise not to embarrass me.

Awesome man, i wish your sound cloud was working so i can listen. One of my suitemates is into music and producing as well.

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
It's working. I just changed the url and didn't update it here.

I don't want it to seem like I'm spamming you guys, so I'll send you the url by PM.

Most of the stuff I have up there is relatively old by now. The one remix I have there isn't even mixed 100%.

I'm hoarding the remixes I've done because I want to release them all at the same time as an EP, probably by August or September.

and if i remember you correctly, you go to Rutgers?
We should meet up in the Fall. I hear Rutgers has good parties. And a good EDM scene.

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
It's working. I just changed the url and didn't update it here.

I don't want it to seem like I'm spamming you guys, so I'll send you the url by PM.

Most of the stuff I have up there is relatively old by now. The one remix I have there isn't even mixed 100%.

I'm hoarding the remixes I've done because I want to release them all at the same time as an EP, probably by August or September.

and if i remember you correctly, you go to Rutgers?
We should meet up in the Fall. I hear Rutgers has good parties. And a good EDM scene.
Yea got the link im listening it right now. Dope.
Yea, go to rutgers. What part of jersey you from and how was your first year?

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
Yea got the link im listening it right now. Dope.
Yea, go to rutgers. What part of jersey you from and how was your first year?
I'm from North Bergen, up by NYC.

But right now I'm still in school. Have about another week before I'm done.

My first year was awesome!
Classes were really tough at times, but I've had sooo much of fun. Met alot of awesome people and learned alot.

I'm excited for next year.
Hows rutgers?

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
I'm from North Bergen, up by NYC.

But right now I'm still in school. Have about another week before I'm done.

My first year was awesome!
Classes were really tough at times, but I've had sooo much of fun. Met alot of awesome people and learned alot.

I'm excited for next year.
Hows rutgers?
Finished my 2nd year, shit was banging and can't wait till next year.
I know a couple of friends from north bergen went over there couple times too. Finished school a week and half ago. I know usually ivy's take longer. A girl i know just finished her at yale.

What are you majoring in btw, never knew.