Prometheus

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Console: Headset:
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byZkbNB3Jw

So I got pretty excited when I saw the trailer for this a few months ago. Apparently this will at least occur in the same universe as the Alien movies, but just watching the trailers, it's pretty clear that this will be a prequel to Alien. All I needed to know to be sold on this is that Charlize Theron is in it me gusta

I had never seen any of the Alien movies before :[ but recently I finally saw Alien and Aliens. I thought they were really cool even though they are older movies. analprobe

have you guys seen the films after Aliens? Are they any good/worth seeing before Prometheus?

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
def a syfy action thriller and looks p. cool

totally reminds me of evolution hahaha

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Alien 3 sux....alien 4 was decent/watchable.....

Really no need to watch later 2 movies though.....

So are you going to see "snow white & the huntsmen" since that also has Charlize Theron?

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
I just watched the Snow White trailer yesterday and she does look good but having the twilight chick as the main character kinda turned me off from seeing it in theaters. Ill probably wait for dvd.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
dude Prometheus looks awsome, I've seen the first alien and though it was badass for such an old movie and my dad has alien 3 but ive never seen it. might watch it later.

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
This is a no-go for me. It looks way to similar to alien. Like how they where in a weird ass cave and then the thing infected them. Or how it causes havoc on the ship and nobody knows what organism this is. Plus the main woman (not the boss the other one) looks like Sigourney Weaver back in the day.

No I haven't seen Alien 2, 3, etc. Only the first.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
This is a no-go for me. It looks way to similar to alien. Like how they where in a weird ass cave and then the thing infected them. Or how it causes havoc on the ship and nobody knows what organism this is. Plus the main woman (not the boss the other one) looks like Sigourney Weaver back in the day.

No I haven't seen Alien 2, 3, etc. Only the first.
It's in the same universe..... What did you expect?

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
Never saw the trailer until the trailers before Avengers and it looked pretty cool.

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
Alien 3 sux....alien 4 was decent/watchable.....

Really no need to watch later 2 movies though.....

So are you going to see "snow white & the huntsmen" since that also has Charlize Theron?
I finally saw Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) and Resurrection a few weeks ago. L4W you pretty much nailed it. Alien 3 just felt super awkward, didn't advance the story/mythology at all, and the CGI is some of the worst I have ever seen. Resurrection was cool visually, the script was awful (written by Joss Whedon, wut.) but I enjoyed watching it.

I saw Prometheus on opening day. I really enjoyed the movie, but there were a few parts that kind of made me wanting a bit more. This isn't a movie that lays everything out for the viewer clearly, there is a lot open for interpretation. I would recommend seeing it tho.

For those who have seen it, check this post out http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html#cutid1 it attempts to clarify some of the hazy parts. If you haven't seen the movie, dont look at that link lol.

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
How the fuck did this movie get 3 stars? I might see it.....maybe

Stream:

DM CptReilly

He's fizzy, he's ginger
Founder
DR the movie really examines some sensitive issues that I could see offending a lot of religious people, so maybe they are generating some hate. Also, there is a lot of ambiguity that leaves you wondering wtf was going on in a few scenes, something that could also lead to people giving it lower scores.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
it's baisicly a think about it movie, it has great visual effects but like the more you watch the movie the more the plot expands and leaves you wonder bout some things. overall though I loved it.

Stream:

RizZaHReCToR

The Enemy of Mankind
THIS POST WILL CONTAIN SOME MILD SPOILERS!

ALSO, BE WARNED: I'm going to be bitching alot.

This movie was decent. great visuals and solid plot structure.

But the writing was sooooo shitty. The characters were so stupidly incompetent and made the most incredulous decisions.

First off, what the FUCK was the point of Charlize Theron's character??? They could've made the whole movie without her and not affected the plot in the least. She was just annoying.

And how the fuck did the geologist and biologist get lost in the cave??? They obviously found the room where they left the helmets, but they couldn't get back to the ship. Wasn't the geologist the one that mapped the cave in the first place? and weren't theyin constant comm link with the ship???

And the biologist was too afraid to touch the dead alien?!?!?! WHAT THE FUCK DID HE THINK HIS JOB WAS GOING TO BE!!??? They bring a biologist to another planet and he has th fuckin nerve to not do his job? And what the fuck kinda scientist DISCOVERS UNDENIABLE evidence of Extra-Terrestrial intelligent life, and instead of doing his job and sealing his place in history, he runs like a bitch.
And then he later comes across that snake/worm shit, and tries to pet it, as if its a house cat? BULLSHIT.
And the crew was so stuuupppiiddddddd. What kind of space explorers take off their helmets? Yeah the air was clean, but they obviously didn't check for biological contaminants. Thats just bad science. I would've forgiven it if this was a plot device. but noooooo, them without helmets served no purpose.
And Vickers was sooo adamant about not letting the guy back onto the ship after he got sick, but she didn't mind letting everyone else on the ship? Why would she not be careful with them? They could just as easily be contaminated.

I swear, a high school kid could do a better job of organizing a space exploration.

And this is just the beginning, SOOOOOO many stupid stupid decisions by stupid stupid characters.

This wasn't the worst script I've ever seen in a movie, but it was written in such a way that I could really tell the writers just had zero clue about how to tell a fuckin story.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
they did check for contaminants........ that's y they said the airs CLEAN...... you must have missed it. and I still am not sure if the robot was saying mum or mom.

Stream:

DM Morbid

Founder
I saw it opening night...was pretty sweet if you ask me. Visual effects in 3d were badass. Definately leaves you with question though...

Stream:

DM RC-blazer

Oceano4 ಠ_ಠ
Founding Member
I just watched the Snow White trailer yesterday and she does look good but having the twilight chick as the main character kinda turned me off from seeing it in theaters. Ill probably wait for dvd.
Dude, you'll be surprised how well she fits the role, it's a much darker version where she's locked up and her parents are dead, she's gonna be a bit moody lookin'. :p