PC Help??

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
Console: Headset:
I was doing a check up for my PC because its been moving kinda slow recently, and think it has something to do with the RAM. I got a 4GB DDR3 RAM and it says 45% of it was being used when my PC is idle or something like that. If I free up some space will it make an improvement? If so, how do I do that? :eek:

Stream:

HostileShotz

Sergeant
You can't, RAM is only temporary memory, it gets deleted after a while. It may be a program running in the background or even a virus :/

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
Hostile is more correct than my own assumption. A virus could simply be spiking your processor. That, or your computer can't handle the programs your're running.

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
I would go with DR on this one. U probably have a virus. Also check if the programs u r running are able to be runned on ur pc; ur pc meets the system requirements.

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
4GB is more than enough to have a fast computer. So if it's playing up, there's gotta be something wrong, like a virus, or applications you don't know you're using. Run a scan.
How do you know it's the RAM, anyway?

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
It's not a virus, I've run checks with Norton 2011 and iObit Secrurity 360. Psy I'm not sure what it is but I think it may be the RAM because my PC was just idle and it says only 9% of CPU power is being used and 45% of RAM is in use :s. I just don't know what to do though, I uninstalled alot of rarely used programs that weren't already on the PC and defragged my harddrive but it still seems to be running slow..Like when first got my PC everything was fine and running smoothly but now, its meh..

Stream:

DM 951RPN

Founder
Addict
4gb of ram, ur straight, like everyone else said virus or mal ware

Stream:

DM Blazer

BulletProof
Founding Member
use windows task manager and go under processes and see whats using the most memory. For me its steam

Stream:

HostileShotz

Sergeant
Most likely Norton is the cause for high CPU usage, it detects high CPU usage when it is itself that is the cause of it. Checking with your anti-virus doesn't mean you may not have a virus. You should scan it with Malwarebytes, this should also detect viruses and any added on suspicious activity. Malwarebytes is free of use. Also try using CCleaner to get rid of some junk from your PC :).

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
Most likely Norton is the cause for high CPU usage, it detects high CPU usage when it is itself that is the cause of it. Checking with your anti-virus doesn't mean you may not have a virus. You should scan it with Malwarebytes, this should also detect viruses and any added on suspicious activity. Malwarebytes is free of use. Also try using CCleaner to get rid of some junk from your PC :).
Although Norton is a resource hog, I don't think this is the main problem. Either too many processes are being ran at one time or a virus is the cause of his CPU spiking.

Malwarebytes will only take care of malware, not viruses. I had a NASTY viral virus that Malwarebytes couldn't even detect. In fact, I had to do a reinstall of my OS with a clean HDD.

DH, any weird or fake pop-ups you might be seeing? This could be malware. I suggest actually running malwarebytes first.

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
No weird pop ups or nothing, but i can do a print screen. I'll use malwarebytes, and since my norton sub ran out a few days ago, ill just uninstall that too.