Help? Firefox....

Stream:

DM Major Meat

Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
My firefox keeps freezing. Anyone else having or had any issues with it?

I like it cause you can customize it to look pretty PIMP.

Better than explorer or chrome in my opinion....for looks any way.

I could uninstall it, then re-install it..... but ive got all my passwords saved.... and a ton of bookmarked pages, I would lose them all.

:hmmm:Any ideas?:hmmm:

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
There is various things as to why FireFox might be freezing...

From hardware issues to how much CPU your eating up....

Let's just start with what version of FireFox your on...

Stream:

Velatorix

Founder
Mine has been lately as well Shane. Firefox crashes and then a little box pops up that says Firefox had to close unexpectedly or something like that and then has two options which are to restart firefox or quit firefox. You getting the same screens?

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
I like chrome better. But you can save all of that and put it in another webbrowser aka IE and then reinstall and just import it all from IE into firefox and bam your done

Stream:

DM Deathrow

Mine has been lately as well Shane. Firefox crashes and then a little box pops up that says Firefox had to close unexpectedly or something like that and then has two options which are to restart firefox or quit firefox. You getting the same screens?
OMG! Same thing happened to me! It's the damn file system managing (I think FAT32 failure) in Windows operating systems. The system degrades over use and time.

I had to do a clean install of Vista Sp1, but I suggest to do a system restore point to refresh your PC. Back up your files first, then run the restore program and choose the date and restore, then upload backed up data.

Also, if you get any errors when rebooting your PC, let me know. These are know as registry errors and are critical and can decrease performance.

Edit: As for Vista users, I HIGHLY suggest to upgrade to Windows 7.

Stream:

DM Major Meat

Founder
Addict
Hell yeah guys, Same windows failure here. I took my lappy to geek squad, and they tell me the problem lies with windows7. You may get a check disc screen upon fire up from this same windows7 issue.

They tell me that the ultimate fix on this will be to reinstall windows7 onto my lappy. Easy for them to say when i have over a $1000.00 in programming on this work lappy.
Backing up all my files before the reinstall isnt the issue for me. Finding all my network keys is the issue.

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
Ah that sucks dude. Backing it up is easy, but you should always keep your keys in a file folder, I learned that the hard way... OR you have to make a shit load of phones calls getting them back.

Stream:

DM Deathrow

What are network keys? You mean all your passwords and stuff?

Just visit the more important websites and recover your password and store them somewhere safe, pretty simple :D

P.s Kobe on the Windows OS issue. System degradation is a HUGE issue when distributing a piece of software, especially when it costs up to $120-$350...

M$ SUCKS SOMETIMES

Stream:

DM xDarkKx

The Senior Elite
I had that problem and ended up using chrome which i use until now. Chrome is better in my opinion :D.

Stream:

DM Major Meat

Founder
Addict
What are network keys? You mean all your passwords and stuff?
All my programs have network keys, just like the ones Norton or xbl use.

26H4-D9E5-2KAM-1P0D-4K5L

One such is my downhole drawing program with powerdraw. When we drill a well, It is just a hole in the ground till we run casing (pipe from 5.5" to 24" OD, Then we run tools and smaller production pipe for isolating and producing different zones of interest. I use programs for drawing and charting depth, diameters of pipe and tools.