DraftKings – Sweet Spot Friday

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
Don't be shellfish...
It’s here!
The $100,000 Sweet Spot is up this Friday (fact!) and we’re ready to have a Razzballer take da paper! *If you’ve won one of our past 5 Play With Rudy contests, looking at you CramIt and Margaret (sorry I left out other winners, I got depressed and drank my sorrows away with a Crown & Coke*in the other contests [and enough with the wasting delicious Crown with Coke - it's damn tasty OK!]), then you’re looking at a $20,000 pay day if you can top the field this week. *I think I just set a record of the most hyperlinks I’ve ever put in a paragraph…
Anywho, with the Sweet Spot taking the spotlight front and center, we’ve got no Razzball exclusive contest this week… But you can still play all sorts of satellites to get your Sweet Spot ticket, and I’ll tweet out and shoot up a comment Friday morning with the Daily Dollar I’ll be playing in on Friday Night (I’m broke as a joke!) to keep the Friday DraftKings spirit alive for those of us just plain not good enough to win that Sweet Spot ticket…
Avoiding the Grandfather Paradox and traveling back in time to last week’s picks:
SP –*R.A. Dickey**7 IP *6 H *2 BB *4 ER *6 Ks *(14.95 Pts)
CI –*Miguel Cabrera* 1-4 *2B *(5 Pts)
MI –*Chase Utley* 0-3 *BB *(2 Pts)
OF1 –*Jonny Gomes* 1-4 *1 RBI *(5 Pts)
OF2 –*Robbie Grossman* 2-5 *1 RBI *R *(10 Pts)
UTIL –*Billy Butler* 1-4 *BB *(5 Pts)
TOTAL – *41.95*(Previous three weeks: 77.95, 55.8, 60.4)
Yikes. *Tough week for my article picks, but luckily I hit on the rest of my line-up – mainly Hanley Ramirez*and*Wilin Rosario*to secure a 7th place finish last week and again in the money! *All I actually wanted to do was beat Nick and Rudy, mission accomplished! *Sure Rudy might say, “but you only beat me by 0.2″ and I’d pull out some B.S. Vin Diesel street racing quote, “Winning is winning!”
Be sure to use Rudy’s suggested Line-Up Card tool to be sure your guys are playing, and the Pitcher vs. Hitter Matchups*which I linked to Friday’s date to check out specific Pitcher vs. Hitter stats. *As with the last big contest, I’m still going to do my article picks, but also fill out my whole line-up (note: I’m going off Wednesday’s pricing, so I may go over budget) with who I would roll with on Friday:
SP 1 (SP) – Doug Fister*($8,200) -*Despite being in a little bit of a rut – multi-walks in three straight is a ton for Fister – I think he mows down the Mets on Friday. *It’s at Citi Field, and while Fister is a decent K-guy, he’s actually got a 10.8 K/9 vs. NL teams in 4 games this year, with only 1 bad start vs. the Nationals in DC. *It’s a terrible Mess lineup, I think the Ks will be there, easy first pitcher pick.
SP2 – Jhoulys Chacin*($7,200) – Even though Chacin doesn’t boast huge K numbers, everyone can have success at Miami! *Chacin actually pitched quality starts in seven straight before a tough but albeit not brutal outing at Camden Yards, and you can’t really blame him there. *Solid value to round out your pitchers.
C -*Matt Wieters ($3,600) -*Off of*Dan Straily, in 2 career at-bats Wieters has homered both times. *That’s 100%! *At home in Camden Yards, nice price, easy pick.
1B –*Justin Morneau*($3,800) -*Going with a hot bat lately, Morneau started August all gangbusters, trailed off a little the past 10 days, but then erupted last night for a 4-5 1 HR 4 RBI night. *I’m as big a*Rick Porcello*lover as there is, but that’s a pretty tough pitch to homer in Minnesota. *He’s 3-9 off*Ubaldo Jimenez*with a homer off him, and just have a feeling this could be a solid game.
2B –*Ben Zobrist*($4,200) -*Zorilla has pretty quietly put together a solid post-ASB run, hitting .306 with 3 homers and 4 steals in 111 ABs. *He’s not quite what you were hoping for on draft day, but on Sweet Spot day, love him. *He’s a career 4-7 and is only a single short of the cycle off*Hiroki Kuroda*with two 2Bs, a 3B and a HR to go along with 2 walks and only 1 K. *Small sample, probably, big love, most definitely.
SS (MI) –*Hanley Ramirez*($5,600) -*I know it’s a hefty price tag, but I’ve saved everywhere except here and the pick below. *I also know he’s cooled off a little lately, but gets a saucy matchup vs.*John Lackey, who hasn’t been awful this year, sure, but*Carl Crawford*and Adrian Gonzalez*both have some really crooked numbers off him and I think this could be a rocking for the Dodgers.
3B (CI) –*Miguel Cabrera*($6,400) -*Well the penny-pinching to get baseball’s best hitter didn’t really work for me last week, but with so much value at good prices, Cabrera was an easy pick to headline my offense. *He’s actually seen Mets starter*Carlos Torres*5 times – and yeah he’s 0-3 – but does have 2 walks and I think breaks it open this time out.
OF (OF1) –*Curtis Granderson*($4,000) -*Showing virtually no ill-effects from his fluke injuries, Grandy has been solid in his 84 ABs this year with 3 homers and 5 steals (0 CS). *He absolutely crushes off*Roberto Hernandez*(given most came off*Fausto Carmona – but whatever) to the tune of .415 in 41 ABs with 3 homers. *The power is still there, he’s gotten steals in 2 of his last 3, love him on Friday.
OF (OF2) -*Jay Bruce ($4,000) -*Yovani Gallardo*is terrible and a righty. *Do you need more info than that? *Bruce is 13-34 off him (.382) with 2 homers, 3 doubles and 9 RBIs off him, and it’s in Great American Ballpark.
OF (UTIL) -*Khris Davis ($2,900) -*Getting every day playing time lately, Davis fared very well off*Homer Bailey last Sunday (2-3 with a HR) and gets him again on Friday. *At the price for a guy with power, hitting in a good hitter’s park, easy buy.
TOTAL – $49,000
And there you have it! *Shoot your DraftKings questions below or tweet me @jbgilpin. And if you’re gearing up for football,*start up a Football RCL League*for a weekly top scorer shout out on the*Razzball Football Podcast, along with DraftKings for Football coming this season (!) with my picks/me playing/another weekly Razzball exclusive contest. *DraftKings is throwing a huge Week 1 Kickoff Bash, which includes the massive NFL Kickoff Million contest with $1,000,000 paid out and a $150,000 top winner! *It’s the biggest week 1 event in fantasy football so get geared up for daily fantasy football contests to keep your daily league fix going year round!

More...