Death Penalty

Stream:

DM Bowser

The Original Bowser™
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
Lets get a little political shall we?

I start off by asking you this: Are you For or Against the Death Penalty?

I am for it, and let me tell you why..

We all know that any crime shouldn't go unpunished. But, what if the crime is very extreme such as a stepfather raping a 8-year-old daughter and beating her. Now, he basically ruined the little girl's life forever with emotional and physical damage. The death penalty can help bring closure to those families who can't get over the shock and awe.

It provides a detterent for criminals to stop.
What about people already sentenced to life in prison. What's to stop them from murdering people constantly while in prison? What are they going to do--extend their sentences? Sure, they can take away some prison privileges, but is this enough of a deterrent to stop the killing? What about a person sentenced to life who happens to escape? What's to stop him from killing anyone who might try to bring him in or curb his crime spree?
Your views?

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
no it's too easy, kill a man? what's he got to lose? his life? he's already lost it when he decided to do whatever landed him in a death sentence in the first place. if you really want to make the man repent you torture him! psychologically and physically. he has to suffer just as those he's made suffer. you think that just because a killer was killed would bring closure to the ones he's harmed? that a bullet to the head or being electucuted to death is good enough? he had an easy way out. the fear isn't death, it's what they hold dearly being lost is what hurts the most.

Stream:

DM RC-blazer

Oceano4 ಠ_ಠ
Founding Member
That's a good point DH, but what about the people that have to do that to them?

Stream:

DM Major Meat

Founder
Addict
It costs 35-40G/Year to keep One prisoner.

Why keep them around? Watching the show "Locked-up" They seem to prefer a life sentence over death. KILL THEM ALL! Let God Sort em Out?

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
i say if its white people then no death sentence, if its black people than go ahead

Stream:

DM Raiden

Darken_Raiden
Founder
Founding Member
Addict
There are some things far worse than Death. I'll leave it at that

Stream:

DM Undead_CORPSE69

The Senior Elite
im all in to this to but heres the thing that im sure is the reaosn why they dont use the death penalty

you wud need solid on demand 10000000% true evidence that the person did the commit the crime like if someone were to shoot and kill 30 poeple but there was no real on demand evidence then they cant kill the guy even if the gun has his finger prints becasue what if he was framed what if htey got his finger prints and put them on the gun u get me its kind of a hard thing to do when your not one billion percent sure that what you got is true real evidence

Stream:

Mobius 1

Colonel
I'm against the use of Capital Punishment.

Even in the most extreme case, I don't think that human's have the right to 'Play God' with others lives, in such an extreme way.

Also, crime in Canada(Where I live[without Capital Punishment]) Our crime is the lowest that it has ever been in about 40 years.

I think its all about rehabilitating the criminal who has found himself in prison, we need to find out what made them crack, or snap, steal, murder, kill, or rape, and help them to integrate back into society as a normal citizen.

Stream:

Velatorix

Founder
Even in the most extreme case, I don't think that human's have the right to 'Play God' with others lives, in such an extreme way.
They forfeited that right when they decided to play god themselves. So I suppose Osama should have been taken alive even if it meant a few SEALs die in the process, and put in terrorist rehab and then integrated back into society?

If I ever kill innocents intentionally or harm anyone in any of the horrible ways that dead men walking have, I hope they don't arrest me and put me in rehab. Kill me like justice demands. The death penalty isn't so much as righting a wrong because it's impossible to fix it, it's mostly about deterring crimes from happening in the first place. There are deadly consequences for your actions....or at least there used to be.

Stream:

Mobius 1

Colonel
They forfeited that right when they decided to play god themselves. So I suppose Osama should have been taken alive even if it meant a few SEALs die in the process, and put in terrorist rehab and then integrated back into society?

If I ever kill innocents intentionally or harm anyone in any of the horrible ways that dead men walking have, I hope they don't arrest me and put me in rehab. Kill me like justice demands. The death penalty isn't so much as righting a wrong because it's impossible to fix it, it's mostly about deterring crimes from happening in the first place. There are deadly consequences for your actions....or at least there used to be.
The law is supposed to be blind, but we have seen time and time again, people walk free, because they were proven not-guilty, years after their sentence was given to them.

Innocent people have died on death row, and are currently sitting on death row.

I get where your coming from, and you obviously get where I'm coming from.

People who have mental disabilities that move them towards illegal activities, then recidivism is inevitable for them, and life sentences are given out, without chances of parole.

Rehabilitation should be given for lesser crimes, (Assault and under)

Stream:

Velatorix

Founder
The law is supposed to be blind, but we have seen time and time again, people walk free, because they were proven not-guilty, years after their sentence was given to them.

Innocent people have died on death row, and are currently sitting on death row.

I get where your coming from, and you obviously get where I'm coming from.

People who have mental disabilities that move them towards illegal activities, then recidivism is inevitable for them, and life sentences are given out, without chances of parole.

Rehabilitation should be given for lesser crimes, (Assault and under)
So the death penalty should be carried out for crimes befitting of such punishment? Or no death penalty whatsoever? You weren't very clear with your original post, it sounded like you were against it all together. Now I'm not sure.

Stream:

Mobius 1

Colonel
I'm against it altogether, that it shouldn't be apart of the legal system whatsoever.

Stream:

DM CharlesK

The Senior Elite
As long as it isn't cruel and unusual punishment. And affordable, I hear lethal injection is mighty expensive.

Stream:

DM Michigan

Founder
Founding Member
Addict
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." over 40 innocent people haVe been executed since DNA testing has been used to reexamine crime. Murder rates in states with the death penalty are much higher than states that don't have the death penalty, even considering geography, population, and poverty rates within the states. The cost of a lawyer plus the court cost of appealing all the way up to the supreme court plus the actual cost of executing someone is actually not much higher than keeping them in prison. Showing people that killing is wrong by killing people doesn't make any sense. Those are the facts.

Stream:

DM DHomeboy

The King. 普
Take the murder of Terry Hurst for example.

John Sawdon, Jermaine James, both 17, and 16-year-old Rebecca Peeters - named by a judge on Thursday - pleaded guilty to Terry Hurst's murder in January.
Terry, 17, of Penistone, was targeted by the three during a camping trip to Broomhead Reservoir in July 2004. More than 60 wounds were found on his body.
Sawdon will spend a minimum of 15 years in jail, Peeters and James 13 years.
This horrific murder has been with us night and day

Audrey Hurst, Terry's mother

Peeters was 15 at the time of the murder.

Mr Justice Andrew Smith, at Sheffield Crown Court, told the trio their offence was chilling.
"You knew he would be defenceless.
"You found him in a tent and set about him mercilessly. He couldn't escape.
"You all chased him and caught him and continued the attack."
The motive for the three teenagers' attack is unclear

Mr Hurst, who suffered learning difficulties, was kicked, stamped on and had a plastic bag put over his head as well as being attacked with the agricultural scythes.

The court heard the trio left the largest scythe embedded in their victim's neck.
"You intended to kill him. It was the cruellest of all crimes and perhaps the more terrible because teenagers committed it," the judge added.
Speaking after the sentencing Mr Hurst's family said they would like to say how relieved they were that justice had been done.
'Horrendous attack'
His mother, Audrey Hurst, said: "This horrific murder has been with us night and day.
"The total disbelief of it all will take time to sink in, if ever.
"We are now going to try and bring some normality back to our lives."
Det Supt Kevin Hardy said the motivation for the attack was not clear.
One of the scythes used in the 'horrific' attack

"There is some suggestion of a young girl Mr Hurst used to go out with who then went out with John Sawdon.

"John Sawdon has been known to make threats to people about what he would like to do to Terry and mentioned he would like to kill.
"Why that would lead to such an horrendous attack is beyond my comprehension," he said.
He said James only met the 17-year-old the day before and Peeters hardly knew him.
He also added it was a unique case. "To get three young people to agree and participate in such an horrific attack is unique - this is not a reflection on society today."

IMO they need the death sentence.