Creeper Of The Week: Rejoice In Re-Morse

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
Don't be shellfish...
Greetings and good cheer, my fellow Razzballians (which sounds like a portmanteau of ‘Razzball Aliens’ but I swear it’s not; the status of your US green card is not knowledge we currently own.* Note the word ‘currently’.) and welcome to the end of days.* See how if you say it nicely how well it goes over?* ‘Huzzah my good and lovely wife of 15 years, I’m here to divorce you!’.* Try it, it might work out to where you don’t have to give up 50% of your Furby collection.* Hrm, maybe I shouldn’t hand out life advice and stick to fantasy baseball…anywho, our season is winding down and it gets harder and harder to find a good bat on waivers.* Trust me I know.* If I hadn’t seen some hope for Michael Morse this week, you might’ve been hearing about Bogusevic here.* We’re scraping the bottom of the barrel full of monkeys at this point and if you’ve ever cleaned one of those barrels out, you know what the bottom is full of.* You haven’t and you don’t, you say?* You don’t get the implication, you dully respond?* I’m talking about fecal matter here, people, of the primate variety or ‘monkey poo’ if you need it in layman’s terms.* By the end of the year, you’re trying to justify any and all pickups since most ownable players are already on teams and the rosters haven’t expanded for some September rookie upside plays yet.* So without further ado, let’s discuss the monkey poo that that is Morse for 2013 Fantasy baseball…oops, my boss over at Razzball Football is telling me something via my bluetooth (hint: I am my own boss over there…so yeah, I’m basically talking to myself in this made up scenario).* It seems that some of you do play Fantasy Football and for those that do, you can join a Razzball Commenter League for football just like you did for baseball.* There’s all the same things you’d expect to find on the baseball side.* Good league mates, a grand prize, an image of Grey lying naked on a Polar Bearskin rug with a meerschaum pipe.* So hop over there, create/join a league, then hop back over here to finish the story of my great Re-Morse…
Alright, I’m gonna deal with the warts first here because the warts are important with Morse.* So far since returning from the DL, he hasn’t played every day and I can’t promise that trend will change this week.* However, if he starts Saturday night against Jason Vargas, I have a hunch how the Mariners will use him down the stretch and it definitely makes him interesting for power-hungry owners this week.* Admittedly, it’s been a rough year for Morse who – after a hot start – has cooled down to the extreme and since his return from the DL, is sporting some pretty ugly numbers.* I know putting all these things aside is going to be hard but here’s what I’m seeing.* On the year, Morse is carrying a .489 slugging percentage and 5 HRs against LHP.* And before you ask, yes plenty of those HRs (3 to be exact) came in the first month of the season when it looked like it would be Morse and Chris Davis battling it out for the home run crown.* But he didn’t get all 90 of his ABs against lefties in the first month of the year here and his set up for this week looks pretty intriguing if he can stay out on the field for it.* You see, this week the Mariners face 5 left-handed pitchers and I dare say outside of Derek Holland, none of them seem all that scary to face on paper.* Given that most of Morse’s ownership at 39% is due to league mates who haven’t checked their team since May, I think it’s safe to say he’s out there for a shot this week if you can afford to take the risk for some power upside while tanking a bit in average.* So far, my Darin Ruf call from last week is looking to be in line with what I had thought it would be thru Saturday morning with 2 HRs and a so-so BA of .263.* Hopefully he drops a few more dingers into your baseball basket this weekend for you.* In either case, go pick up Morse.* Or Bogusevic…gah, August sucks.

More...