CounterStrikePromod (CSProMod)

Stream:

DM phreaK

Clan Enlisted
Founder
Console: Headset:
www.cspromod.com

For those of you who like competitive gaming, like myself. You might like this.
Half Life 1 was released in 1998. It won over 50 game of the Year Awards. Then some kid with some weird asian name came along, and decided he wanted to build his own game mod using the Half Life 1 game engine. he created Counter Strike. It instantly became a hit and was an even bigger hit for competitive play. 5 years later, Counter Strike: Source was released, but it was a buggy game, and lacked the competitive aspect and overall gameplay of the old Counter Strike. So a year and a half after Counter Strike: Source's release, a small team got together to create CSProMod.

Basically what CSProMod is, is a portover of the old Counter Strike, to the Source/Half Life 2 game engine. The old Counter Strike is diminishing, because of one thing: its graphics. Sponsors have been dropping teams like flies because you can run the game on an older computer rather easily. What CSProMod aims to do, is scale all the maps, mimic all the movements, mimic the gun recoil, and so on, and create a new, and better looking version of the old Counter Strike. This way, sponsors will start sponsoring more teams, since people will need better graphics power to play this game.

I type this all out, cause I have made threads about playing CSS and so on, and quite a few people said their computer couldnt handle it. Well, this CSProMod, runs on the same game engine, however they removed all the useless clutter, like cans, cars, crates, barrels and so on, so any of you could play it. Even thought this is known as a MOD, its rebuilt from the ground up to make a more visually satisfying version of the old CS. The only thing that makes it a mod, is the fact that it uses the Half Life 2 game engine to power it, otherwise, its technically a whole new game.

And to finish this up, the old Counter Strike has been played competitively for 10 years. Not many games can say that, only Starcraft. This game is still in its beta stages, however they are releasing the newest version in the very near future. I know this because they removed the beta 1.03 link on their site, and on their www.moddb.com page. This coming release should either be the last, or second to last release, as its been 1 1/2 years in the making.

Anyway, yea. To play this, it requires a game that uses the Source Engine, I would recommend CSS. You have to buy and install CSS, then install CSProMod. I will get you guys the link to the new beta when it comes out soon.