Two-Startapalooza — Week 21

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
Don't be shellfish...
Did you guys see that Clint Eastwood movie, “Trouble with the Curve”?* No? Yeah, me neither.* It got a 52% on RottenTomatoes.com, which is pretty awful, so I think it’s safe to assume we didn’t miss much.* Anyway, I’m thinking the whole flick would’ve gone over better if it had just looped this clip from the Little League World Series over and over again:

Bhahahahahah.* I laugh, but I’m sure my effort wouldn’t have been much better.* Your two-starters are below.
As always, probable pitchers are subject to change.* For a look at all fantasy baseball streamers, click that link.
MUST START
Jose Fernandez (LAD, COL); David Price (@BAL, NYY); Patrick Corbin (@CIN, @PHI); Francisco Liriano (@SD, @SF); Shelby Miller (@MIL, ATL); Jordan Zimmermann (@CHC, @KC); Ervin Santana (CWS, WAS); Jered Weaver (CLE, @SEA)

• *Start ‘em if you got ‘em.
FIRST TIER
Tony Cingrani (ARI, MIL); Kris Medlen (@NYM, @STL); Bronson Arroyo (ARI, MIL); Hyun-Jin Ryu (@MIA, BOS); Jorge De La Rosa (@PHI, @MIA); Lance Lynn (@MIL, ATL); Rick Porcello (MIN, @NYM); Ivan Nova (TOR, @TB)

• With a K/9 at 10.63 to along with a sub-3 ERA, Tony Cingrani (62% owned in Y! leagues), needs to be owned in every format.* There’s talk of Cingrani moving to the bullpen once Johnny Cueto returns, but for as long as he’s starting ballgames, he needs to be in your lineup. … Bronson Arroyo (50%) has been offering a little more excitement in the whiff department lately, posing a 14/0 K/BB over his last two starts.* He’s a nice two-start streamer for week 21, if you can get your hands on him. … Jorge De La Rosa (46%) continues to prove himself as a reliable week-to-week option.* He draws two nice match-ups in the week ahead. … Ivan Nova (46%), too, has been a steady option, and I’m comfortable using him until he proves otherwise. … Rick Porcello (21%) continues to be one of the unluckiest pitchers in baseball.* I’m hoping regression works to his favor this week versus two friendly opponents.
SECOND TIER
Tim Lincecum (BOS, PIT); Andrew Cashner (PIT, CHC); Jeff Samardzija (WAS, @SD); Chris Rusin (WAS, @SD); Tyler Thornburg (STL, @CIN); Dan Haren (@CHC, @KC); Jacob Turner (LAD, COL); Dillon Gee (@MIN, DET); A.J. Burnett (@SD, @SF); Mark Buehrle (@NYY, @HOU); Jarrod Parker (SEA, @BAL); Danny Salazar (@LAA, MIN); Jon Lester (@SF, @LAD); Miguel Gonzalez (TB, OAK)

• With Danny Salazar’s (23%) stuff, there’s upside enough for the first tier, but I’d like to see him do a little more before I place him in the above group permanently. … The Cubbies draw a couple easy match-ups in week 21, and I’m hoping the easier slate will get Samardzija back on track, and at the same time, keep Chris Rusin’s (1%) quietly effective production going. … Dan Haren (66%) has allowed only 4 runs through his last 4 starts, and he’s looking more and more like dude we used to know.* I’m riding this hot streak while it lasts. … Others I’m comfortable with streaming this week:* Jarrod Parker (64%), Andrew Cashner (26%), Miguel Gonzalez (24%), Dillon Gee (21%), Jacob Turner (18%), Mark Buehrle (18%).
THIRD TIER
Ryan Vogelsong (BOS, PIT); Chris Capuano (@MIA, BOS); Randall Delgado (@CIN, @PHI); Esmil Rogers (@NYY, @HOU); Alexi Ogando (HOU, @CWS); John Danks (@KC, TEX)

• Tier two is heavy with two-start streamers, so I can’t condone dipping into tier three this week.* But if you’re desperate, I suppose someone like Ryan Vogelsong might be tempting.* He draws two home starts, and while the opponents aren’t easy, San Fran has been one of the friendliest ballparks for pitchers this season. … Randall Delgado has been a different pitcher over these past few weeks.* Not long ago, I would’ve been recommending you start Delgado, but now I’m wondering if the 23-year-old righty is beginning to fatigue as he surpasses his 2012 IP total.
DON’T START
Jeff Manship (@PHI, @MIA);*Ethan Martin (COL, ARI); Kyle Gibson (NYM, @CLE); Mike Pelfrey (@DET, @CLE); Aaron Harang (@OAK, LAA);*Phil Hughes (TOR, @TB);*Jordan Lyles (@TEX, TOR)

More...