Something needs to be done.

Stream:

DM DETHKLOK

Founding Member
Console: Headset:
I don't know how, or who but something needs to be done for a new gaming site. Gamebattles is becoming more of a joke each day with the kids who dispute cause 1 loss makes them shit themselves, to the same disputes being decided by the same kids that have raging hard ons for the teams on the front page :x. We need a new site, with new rules, new limitations, (names, ages, locations,) and it could be much much better than this crap. Anyway if anyone would be interested we should start something up, I don't code but I would be willing to do administrative work/ human resourcing/ advertising and getting the name out to other gamers to start a base. I'm thinking a 16+ site and if a clan gets caught disputing for no valid reason, ban hammer simple as that. No second chances, no nothing. Serious gaming for serious people, slogan right there. I hate children who can't handle a loss and I hate the path Gamebattles is taking so if anyone shares my vision lemme know so we can get it going!

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
I don't know how, or who but something needs to be done for a new gaming site. Gamebattles is becoming more of a joke each day with the kids who dispute cause 1 loss makes them shit themselves, to the same disputes being decided by the same kids that have raging hard ons for the teams on the front page :x. We need a new site, with new rules, new limitations, (names, ages, locations,) and it could be much much better than this crap. Anyway if anyone would be interested we should start something up, I don't code but I would be willing to do administrative work/ human resourcing/ advertising and getting the name out to other gamers to start a base. I'm thinking a 16+ site and if a clan gets caught disputing for no valid reason, ban hammer simple as that. No second chances, no nothing. Serious gaming for serious people, slogan right there. I hate children who can't handle a loss and I hate the path Gamebattles is taking so if anyone shares my vision lemme know so we can get it going!
360icons.com

Stream:

DM DETHKLOK

Founding Member
I had a vision of having a draft for players, and a weekly map/one game per week. Like CAL was back in the day, and was the best league I ever played on. you have your map for the week so all week leading up to it, you scrim and tweak your plans for said map and then weekend comes around and you have your match against whoever you're scheduled with. could be a 12 week season, 16 week whatever doesn't matter. then after the first season you have subdivisions for the elite league, intermediate league, and amateurs. CAL was the best, got taken down, and needs to come back either in actual form or in a copy/paste form.

i think ladder matches, and leaving who you play when up to the community just starts things off on the wrong foot. The only problems you can have with the hweekly scheds is that the two teams might not be available at the same time but they have several days to arrange some sort of agreement for their match and if they can't figure it out then that's too bad. teams should be playing for a solid record and bragging rights, not xp.

Stream:

DM DETHKLOK

Founding Member
Is it needed yes is it ever gonna get done probably not.
that's why I'm suggesting we take some initiative. there is also a very lucrative side to this, the gamebattles site was sold for 6 figures if I'm not mistaken.. sites with potential are bought by huge corporations everyday, why not be one of those lucky few?

Stream:

DM Hunt3r

PSN = Hunterish__dM
Founding Member
that's why I'm suggesting we take some initiative. there is also a very lucrative side to this, the gamebattles site was sold for 6 figures if I'm not mistaken.. sites with potential are bought by huge corporations everyday, why not be one of those lucky few?
If someone probivided me 6 figures for a page of coding, I'd do it in a heartbeat lol

Stream:

DM DETHKLOK

Founding Member
If someone probivided me 6 figures for a page of coding, I'd do it in a heartbeat lol
well at first I'm sure it wasn't worth more than the domain name, but a site with a million plus members, 60% of which I'd say are active is a huge potential for advertising and gamebattles is whored out to everything from hot pockets to dr pepper so I don't see why these companies wouldn't jump on another gaming site with enough popularity! after a couple years is where the 6 figures would come into play, this isn't a get rich quick scheme by any means haha. but yeah if anyone offered me 6 figures for pretty much anything I'd be on board.

Stream:

DM Ballin Dog

Captain
well at first I'm sure it wasn't worth more than the domain name, but a site with a million plus members, 60% of which I'd say are active is a huge potential for advertising and gamebattles is whored out to everything from hot pockets to dr pepper so I don't see why these companies wouldn't jump on another gaming site with enough popularity! after a couple years is where the 6 figures would come into play, this isn't a get rich quick scheme by any means haha. but yeah if anyone offered me 6 figures for pretty much anything I'd be on board.
but to find someone to invest in all of this is the hard part to run a site the size of game battles aint cheap especially at first

Stream:

DM DETHKLOK

Founding Member
but to find someone to invest in all of this is the hard part to run a site the size of game battles aint cheap especially at first
yep, that's why I'm basically just getting a feel to see if anyone at all would be interested, then after a good base group comes together we can begin the money talks.

Stream:

Mobius 1

Colonel
People make a killing by buying site names at cheap, that they know a company will need in the future and then they sell it to them, thats a good way to get money

Stream:

DM DETHKLOK

Founding Member
People make a killing by buying site names at cheap, that they know a company will need in the future and then they sell it to them, thats a good way to get money
well as big as mlg is I'm sure it's not done growing. I honestly see there being a tv channel picking up one of these events. I remember seeing mlg on some channel for halo, shouldn't be long till call of duty follows suit considering it's sale numbers. So if I, along with anyone willing at this point, could help develop and publicize a site, that becomes a major step up from gamebattles, could be what is needed in the future. if it were what I propose they could have the weekly games, with lans setup the same way mlg runs it along the way, ideally in between seasons so there's no lulls. with an age limit, maybe 16-18 and up only, not sure how we could keep kids from it, but it's worth putting it in there so they don't show up to live events. Mind you I'm thinking about this if this site were a major hit and we could afford lans lol it's far out but if the logic is there maybe it'd be worth a shot. I'm in a comfortable place with my money right now so I'm willing to take a shot. Really it's just a reaction to how bad things are being run with gamebattles. there's no community anymore, there's no willingness to teach/help/be sportsmanlike. all that. we could have a community with mature, good, high skilled gamers who want to play good people in leagues and aren't looking to boost their low egos online. lol really want to stress that point considering most of the kids who play gbs 24/7 and have nothing else to do in life at that young of an age ruin things by disputing/ip flooding/requests for cancelling cause they lost, and I don't think people like that should be allowed to continue playing in the league. At least a suspension or something. if we were able to create a good community we could have a good league. again I reference CAL where the forums were a good place to post and learn about the game or other things and talk some trash, not a few people who don't even gb anymore.

ps sorry for wall' o text it's finally my weekend so I'm drinking. ha.

Stream:

Mobius 1

Colonel
Haha now worries man!

I can deff see G4TV pickin up something with GB for sure

Stream:

D

DM Fulakaka

im down i know some basic coding but nuttin were i should be but i could be a second hand man in coding and yes CAL was the shit fulakaka<------- CAL I witch meant invited teams only and broadcasted games is possable i played in one while back in playoffs and really dont need tv "nowadays when we got the net just need to stream it and thing with Cal was too is the most of games played had a live ref in game witch was sweet

Stream:

DM DETHKLOK

Founding Member
im down i know some basic coding but nuttin were i should be but i could be a second hand man in coding and yes CAL was the shit fulakaka<------- CAL I witch meant invited teams only and broadcasted games is possable i played in one while back in playoffs and really dont need tv "nowadays when we got the net just need to stream it and thing with Cal was too is the most of games played had a live ref in game witch was sweet
the ref part is the best. but in the league im talking about it shouldn't really be nescessary but more of a measure of regulation I guess. players who need to be watched also shouldn't be allowed it's retarded.

Stream:

D

DM Fulakaka

ref was more for playoffs or teams that were shit bags and everyone had to record themselves playing just in case and if ya didnt automatic loss is you were called on it teams were randomly drawn to play each other season maps were posted ahead of time minus playoffs wich was best of the maps in playoffs I level was invite only like the procirut for mlg MAIN level was more for solid teams that was around for while one that would not disban they would have to be in playoff in the OPEN league season before to be aloud to get into the Main and OPEN level was for any team first signing up to the league

Stream:

DM ViSiioNaRY

Founding Member
1st off, if we would want ladders to be there, there would still be some cheating, you think GB isnt trying to preven this ?...

it would have to be well though through, and if it was put into process, would take years before it got any serious attention i think. and this would be competing with a league basically, from scratch.. so it most likely wont even happen

and id be willing to invest if i got an agreed percentage from the profit. :coffee:

Stream:

DM DETHKLOK

Founding Member
1st off, if we would want ladders to be there, there would still be some cheating, you think GB isnt trying to preven this ?...

it would have to be well though through, and if it was put into process, would take years before it got any serious attention i think. and this would be competing with a league basically, from scratch.. so it most likely wont even happen

and id be willing to invest if i got an agreed percentage from the profit. :coffee:
well I had stated earlier that this is nothing close to a get rich quick scheme. It'd be more for the future of gaming to have a better identity than 12 year olds screaming into their mics cause mommy and daddy are at work and they have the house to themselves. I don't want ladders, that's my whole point. A weekly run league is stronger and has more potential than a ladder.

Stream:

H

Hp GraViTY z

Dream big man...
Use the Elite website only cool thing out right now..
Cap card your games.. if you dont record them dont even bother playing GB..

Stream:

DM DETHKLOK

Founding Member
Dream big man...
Use the Elite website only cool thing out right now..
Cap card your games.. if you dont record them dont even bother playing GB..
yeah that's what I'm getting at. the league should be a place where you don't have to absolutely have a camera recording cause no one can be trusted. that just reflects on the shitty community that's evolved out of the gb rank/mlg rank system and xp boosting all that jazz. kids care too much about green w's and red l's and little numbers on a web page. It should be about your teams record and what you are capable of putting together week after week for every map.

Stream:

H

Hp GraViTY z

Ive notices from teams we have played that have really good records. The reff's will take there side. Its bullshit but just somthing you gotta live with.