@TheLifeLike
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
I'll let you guys know what's up with the game in this thread.*
Once you start the game for the first time, you have 3 menu options:
-Single Player
-Multiplayer
-View EULA (End User License Agreement)*

Single player has 6 levels. Six. Although they are long levels, it's still a short game. I managed to beat it in 2 days after I got it. Story isn't that great, Resistance Retribution had a much better story. The graphics are decent, could've been more though. There are no ragdoll physics, and the guns sound like something out of a Nintendo DS game. There are only 4 bosses, and two of those bosses are occasional bosses that show up every level (somewhat like the Berserker from Gears of War). Level design is pretty much linear, there are no alternate routes, and finding Intel or Graytech matter is absurdly easy. Graytech matter, btw, is basically a version of perks/proficiencies from MW3, but JUST for guns.*
Once you beat the game, a new difficulty level is unlocked. Superhuman is the highest difficulty level, but what sucks is that you have to start the game over after you beat it. Thats right, beat the final level, and you can't even play level 5 on superhuman without playing through the other 4 first.*

Trophies in this game are a joke! There are 24 trophies total (22 single player, 1 multiplayer). You get a gold trophy after playing your FIRST multiplayer match online. What is that? You don't get rewarded at all if you find all the intel, making it seem like a waste of time to try and find. You get a gold trophy for beating the bosses, which really aren't that hard. Even on superhuman, the last boss was a swift win. There is no challenge in the single player, which was a letdown. Resistance Retribution's campaign lasted about two to three times longer.*

Multiplayer, ahh, boy was I mad. They postpone the game for 3 months and still couldn't fix the game properly.*
There are 6 maps in multiplayer, those are:*
Streets*
Docks
Courtyard
Sewers
Rooftops*
Depot*

The biggest map (Courtyard) is the size of Dome.*
You cannot prone in the game, just crouch and jump. Fine by me. The weapon wheel is pretty useful. If you carry more than two weapons, you can simply hold triangle, and use the left analog stick to highlight which weapon you want to switch to. The weapons are:*
Carbine (standard automatic assault rifle)
Bullseye (Razor)*
S.w.A.R.M. (Rocket launcher/ LAARK equivalent)*
Auger (shoots through walls)*
Mauler (machine gun, IWAO, no portable shield)*
Mule (double barreled shotgun, explosive crossbow)*
Sixeye (sniper rifle, no slow motion secondary fire)*
Hunter (three burst rifle, M16-ish)*
Hedgehog Grenade (bouncing Betty/sticky grenade)*
Frag (grenade)*
Axe (single player), Knife (multiplayer)*

The multiplayer has all of these guns, but the OP gun is definitely the Mule. Everyone uses that weapon, and you can't blame them, it kills you faster than any other weapon in the game. But it gets annoying after seeing that it's the only weapon people use online.*
The multiplayer pop up options are as follows:*

Matchmaking
Edit Loadout
Stats
Leaderboards
Options*

Matchmaking allows you to choose a "large" or a "small" game for Deathmatch and TDM. Survival is just a large game.*
Large - 4-8 players
Small - 2-4 players

The maps have so much potential, but there aren't enough interesting game modes. In multiplayer, when playing, there is no mini map. So you will never be able to tell where the enemy is unless you SEE them. If you hear bullets being fired, you won't be able to tell if its your team mate or the enemy because of the lack of minimap. You can't talk to anyone in game unless they're in your party, so if you start playing the game on your own, you wont be able to talk to others. Also, what really pissed me off is the fact that you can't choose teams. EVERYTHING is random. When you host a private match, people can't join unless they're in your party. To guarantee this, you can't send game invites. And once people join, there are NO sides. You don't spawn and choose a side, it's just random. This virtually defeated any chance of being able to have competitive matches on this game. Thanks Nihilistic!*
Also, you can RANK UP in private matches. What is that? Opens up a doorway for boosting. What smartasses!*

Edit a Loadout is basically custom classes from CoD. You get to choose one gun, two pieces of Gray matter (weapon perks), and a grenade. There are 3 loadouts given to you, and that's about it. There are "multipliers" given to you when you play, which means you can have up to quad XP until the multipliers expire. This was a plus to multiplayer. When matchmaking, when you join a game, you get to vote on what map, but you're only given 10 seconds, and then the 10 second countdown for the game to start begins. Sometimes, when I'm changing my weapons in my loadouts (I have to because there are only 3 loadouts), I don't have time because there's literally a 20 second time period between each game. It gets annoying after awhile. Maps aren't symmetrical (except for Depot Sewers ,and Courtyard), so that's a plus. But the spawns are beyond terrible. If you play a 8 man Deathmatch, you will see people spawn behind you or before your very eyes. It gets frustrating having someone kill you who you just killed 4 seconds ago. Survival mode (infected) in multiplayer is not very well developed. The Chimera don't come with a preset class, they can use any loadout they currently have. Which means that the game will end fairly quickly. It's almost impossible to stay alive without having no type of advantage. It's basically team Deathmatch with a side switch when you die.*

There are many annoying glitches in multiplayer. For once, if a person lags, you will not be able to kill that person, as you just get many hit markers. When you start the game, there's a 5 second countdown (like MW3). Sometimes you'll move all over the place while the countdown takes place. And then you lose connection from the match. And it's not network related.*

Sensitivity at the highest level is still pretty low. ADS sensitivity is terrible! It's like moving with a 1 sensitivity on CoD. And I know I'm making a lot of comparisons to a much better series, but the developers were making a game for a series that has produced games with exceptional ratings and a high reputation, why make such stupid mistakes?*

I seriously hope they try and fix some of the problems I mentioned. Fixing some won't kill anyone. If they don't, I won't touch this game again after CoD comes out for the Vita.*

Stream:

DM MysterySock

A7X foREVer
Founding Member
I think the game is amazing. Not nearly as good as RR though. I hope they make a 4v4 ladder for it on GB.

Stream:

DM Raiden

Darken_Raiden
Founder
Founding Member
Addict
so is that a yes or no of me getting this game?

Stream:

DM MysterySock

A7X foREVer
Founding Member
I'd say yes of you want a fun game. But if you want to play online with friends id say no because there is not really a way to be on the same team in a game. It just picks the teams randomly so sometimes you will be on the other team instead of with your friends.

Stream:

DM ToRNaDo412

PSN: xFouR1TwOx
after reading this and seeing ign's review i'm gonna go ahead and not buy this game. looks terrible and like it has no lasting value. too bad because the vita had potential it seemed like sony was really trying

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
Make a big enough deal on the insomniac boards and you'll see an upgrade in multiplayer. Not the Sony forums. Ill still get it if I get the vita cuz resistance is bad ass.

Stream:

DM RC-blazer

Oceano4 ಠ_ಠ
Founding Member
Not even a chat room which made RR so popular.
Fuck that!

Stream:

DM Poisoned

@TheLifeLike
Founding Member
Make a big enough deal on the insomniac boards and you'll see an upgrade in multiplayer. Not the Sony forums. Ill still get it if I get the vita cuz resistance is bad ass.
You sure about it? Btw, Nihilistic*

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
doesnt hurt to try. im sure insomniac wouldn't like a bad publicity on one of their better IPs. even if they didnt make it im sure they would pressure nihilstic.... unless they completely fucked up in the programing.

Stream:

DM Kinger

DM's Biggest Hippie
Founding Member
Being a fan of playstation stuff all my life I was looking forward to the Vita. But after reading this review, i'm saddened. I mean Sony made what looks like it could a great handheld and a nice improvement from psp, but failed with gaining little momentum and losing that momentum with not great launch games.

This game had so much anticipation and then just collapsed. If ur gonna make ppl wait to play multiplayer make it good, don't make subpar.

Stream:

DM DeadlyCobraX

Diesel Technician
I totaly agree with this review. I havent touched that game since last thursday, story is super easy to beat and i rather play rr story instead any time. Multiplayer...omg man it frustrates me everytime....nu get disconnected, glitches, no chattin room, cant use ur mic in the games unless u in a party. I give it a 4 out of 10

Stream:

DM MysterySock

A7X foREVer
Founding Member
I haven't been disconnected ever since the patch. And I haven't seen any glitches. And ig played over 200 games.