Need some PC help...

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
Console: Headset:
Lately, my wireless connection hasn't been working. It works perfectly well on my PS3, PSP, iPhone, and other laptops. But not for my desktop computer. I can't really use the ethernet cable, because I use that for my PS3, and if I don't, my NAT type becomes strict.

I went into device management, and found the network adapter, but it says it's working as usual.
I have an HP Pavilion Elite M9162.uk-a with Vista Home Premium SP2

Yeah.. I really need some help cause it's driving me crazy!
I could just get another cable, but I don't know when I'll be going to the mall...

Stream:

xZack487

The Senior Elite
reset the router or if u dropped the laptop any that could be the reason and y r u using a ethernet cable on ps3 if the wifi is working??? and just turn ur NAT type to open from the router if its on strict if nothing rlly works then its obviously a crappy laptop

Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Are you using a wifi card or a wifi USB adapter for accessing home wifi? Is the issue a slow connection or no connection at all?

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
Sack, I have a desktop, not a shitty laptop.

I use it on the PS3 because its faster, and it makes it a better connection.
And I've tried resetting the router, multiple times. Nothing has worked.

Therefore, there's gotta be something stopping the wireless network adapter, but I don't know what it is. And I need help from someone who knows what they're talking about... No offense.

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
Are you using a wifi card or a wifi USB adapter for accessing home wifi? Is the issue a slow connection or no connection at all?
It's built in.
No connection at all. Its supposed to be 'local and internet', but its 'local only'

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
Turn off computer. Unplug modem. Unplug router. Wait 30 seconds. Power modem back up. Wait 30 seconds. Power up router.

Stream:

DM Deathrow

Open your networking and sharing center. Does it connect to the router? Or nothing at all?

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
yeah man, it connects, but its local only.
It also doesnt even bother to ask for the WEP key..

Stream:

DM Deathrow

Well if your computer is connected to the modem then you don't need wireless on your desktop -.-

If it isn't then it's a connection setting on your computer. I'd try to resolve the problem, what does it say?

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
also the wireless on the CP might have gone bad, could try an adapter

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
Well if your computer is connected to the modem then you don't need wireless on your desktop -.-

If it isn't then it's a connection setting on your computer. I'd try to resolve the problem, what does it say?
it connects to the modem.... Kinda. It connects to a network in which im alone, whereas there should be other computers too.

What im trying to say is that it says its 'local only'.

Stream:

DM Deathrow

Perhaps you connected to a different network. Routers can have multiple networks. It seems you might have accidentally made a new network and joined a different one. You can view your networks in the Networking and Sharing Center.

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
Perhaps you connected to a different network. Routers can have multiple networks. It seems you might have accidentally made a new network and joined a different one. You can view your networks in the Networking and Sharing Center.
I'm not a complete noob, bro... But thanks for the ideas/ help!

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
Any new Programs that could be doing it ?
That was my original thought, because I recently downloaded AVG 2011.

But after uninstalling it, I was still unable to connect... I even tried a system restore and it still wouldnt connect..

Stream:

DM Ballin Dog

Captain
yeah man, it connects, but its local only.
It also doesnt even bother to ask for the WEP key..
If its still doing this it might be trying to use like wpa2 key when its really WEP or whatever it is. Try going to the connection and right clicking on proprieties and see if you can change the auth type and password there.