Hard Drive Trouble! Please help. :(

Stream:

Queen Macy

<font color="Purple"><b>The One and Only.</font><f
Console: Headset:
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if someone could please help me, well my friend! The situation is that my friend Chelsey's external hard drive won't recognize her laptop anymore after plugging it in her friend's laptop.

She has a Western Digital Terabyte hard drive and both the laptops were good. She told me that her friend was gonna transfer White Chicks (my fave movie) from her laptop to the hard drive which was plugged on Chelsey's laptop. She said that her laptop didn't recognize the hard drive at first then it did, but couldn't transfer White Chicks for some odd reason so they just cancelled it and didn't transfer anything.

After awhile, Chelsey's laptop was being a tard and wouldn't shut down so they tried CTRL + ALT + DEL and end tasks and shut it down. The next day, her hard drive doesn't recognize her laptop anymore and she blames her friend's laptop for it >.> but why does it do that? Chels said that whenever she plugs her hard drive on to her laptop, it doesn't do anything anymore so she thinks it's broken now or something.

Please help! Any suggestions or anything?

I'll love you long time.

♥ :macy:

Stream:

DM Deathrow

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:lime;backgroun
Ok, here are some diagnostic tips:

(Assuming your using Win Vista-Win 7)
When you plug it in, Go to Start (The Win symbol in the left corner of the screen)
Then go to Computer.
Check to see if the external hard drive comes up.

If it doesn't, it could mean a few things:
1) USB cable went bad. Try finding a new USB cable.
2) Change USB ports. One of your USB ports could have gone bad.
3) This might be malware/virus related. It's suggested to scan both your computer and the external device just in case.

Stream:

DM Ballin Dog

Captain
If rebooting doesn't work try right clicking on computer and go to manage then disk management and see if it is showing up there.

Stream:

Queen Macy

Okay, I'm gonna message those advice from DR and Ballin_Dog to her and let her know.
I don't get what you mean, Kenneh! And really Zack? o_O

And yes, I'll love you long time if it works!

Stream:

DM Psycotic

Motherlovers....UNITE!
Founding Member
Happens to me sometimes, and if it's what I think it is, just unplug it and reconnect it.

Or it might be infected with a virus or something. If so, you've gotta clean it with an anti-malware program.

Stream:

Queen Macy

A friend of mine said this could work:

if there is a reset button on the external try that first (i don't think it will have one)
next thing is to follow these instructions to find if the computer sees anything at all
1. make sure the external is plugged in
2. right click computer and click manage
3. left click disk management and let it load.
everything that can store memory will show up here (you should change any settings in this area)
4. if there is a "undefined drive" that is your external. right click it and there should be an option to mark as a hard drive

But she said:

All that worked for my HD up to the last part. Don't get where the "mark is as a hard drive" comes in.and on the screen where my HD "shows" It reads "Disk 3; Not initialized"

Stream:

DM Ballin Dog

Captain
A friend of mine said this could work:

if there is a reset button on the external try that first (i don't think it will have one)
next thing is to follow these instructions to find if the computer sees anything at all
1. make sure the external is plugged in
2. right click computer and click manage
3. left click disk management and let it load.
everything that can store memory will show up here (you should change any settings in this area)
4. if there is a "undefined drive" that is your external. right click it and there should be an option to mark as a hard drive

But she said:

All that worked for my HD up to the last part. Don't get where the "mark is as a hard drive" comes in.and on the screen where my HD "shows" It reads "Disk 3; Not initialized"
You should be able to change the drive letter in that screen in a pull down menu change that and see if it works.

Stream:

Queen Macy

Change the drive letter to what?

Stream:

DM Toonaami

<span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background
Format the hard drives and start over