Assassin's Creed Star Fassbender's Never Played It

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
Actor Michael Fassbender is set to star in the Assassin’s Creed: The Movie, though he’s never played the game.
The Daily Beast recently caught up with the actor to discuss his sadistic turn as a slave owner in Steve McQueen’s 12 Years a Slave. The whole exchange is worth reading as Fassbender goes into some detail about the evolution of his particular brand of method acting and the proper balance between big budget studio films and more intimate fare.

He says roles in genre tentpoles such as X-Men and Prometheus have given him the freedom to explore less commercial pieces. When asked about pre-production on the film adaptation of Assassin’s Creed, Fassbender said:
“That’s definitely happening. We’re just developing the script at the moment. I’d heard of it but had never played the game. I don’t have a video game player … that’s not what they’re called. [Laughs] I met up with the guys from Ubisoft and they told me the story behind it, and I thought it was very interesting—the idea of reliving memories.”
That script has been undergoing rewrites for some time now, most recently at the hands of Oscar nominee Scott Frank. Even if Fassbender’s lack of familiarity with gaming suggests he may have some studying to do, the level of talent attached to the project and the time being taken on the script bode well. Eventually though, the man is going to have to spend some time learning how to jump off buildings into piles of hay.
Assassin’s Creed is scheduled for release in June 2015.
Would you like to know more? Follow @adamdileo on Twitter or adam_dileo on IGN. Service guarantees citizenship.

More...