Website Tweaks / Updates

Discussion in 'News / Announcements / Applications' started by DM OUTL4W, Jun 6, 2013.

1. DM OUTL4W

DM OUTL4W Administrator

Feb 17, 2007
    OneDrunkOUTL4W
    DM_OUTL4W
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

[move]Hello [You]!![/move]

Previous Updates:
    Updates 6/4/13
    • added shoutbox on ALL pages - self explanatory
    • added user tagging - add @ to the front of username
      for ex @DM Toonaami is a wing-nut. Will become a link to the Toonaami users profile, it will also inform Toonaami he'd had been mentioned, and link to the relevant thread/post via a new area in the profile section.
    • added
      so
      you
      can
      hide
      whateva
      you
      want
    [​IMG] icon is beside the "mentions" button
    [​IMG]

• issues:
    • added a couple new plugins to thwart all the dumbass spam bots...hopefully they'll work.
    • the "advanced search" link needs to be moved --- [resolved]
    • clean-up/delete old plugin's
    • other shiiiiiiit

update 6/6/13

• added new buttons to the main forum page....YAY or fawk NAY?
    • added collapse-able side bar on right side of forum, only found on the main forum page with embedded activity stream since it seems that's what most people watch :D which will refresh every 60sec.
    • Added DeMon Gaming channel to sidebar, @ this time can only have it surf thru last 8vids instead of all...not sure why.
    • Added a search function for videos and channels to sidebar. Now you can watch and chat @ same time. Might come in handy for that lil event E3.
      **note: if all you see is a white box when opening the side-bar just refresh the page and it should appear....bug.
    • Added football news/scoreboard widget to sidebar
    • Added baseball news/scoreboard widget to sidebar
      **at this time the b-ball/f-ball/yt widgets expand past borders....in order to show all relevant info.
      ***un-able to allow full screen when watching a vid in side-bar but I can make the YT window larger for special events such as E3.

lemme know if wanting anything else in this sidebar?

things to do:
    • add notification in shoutbox for new threads/posts made.
    • member suggestions...

known issue's:
    • when opening sidebar, youtube widget is all white - refresh page and vid's should appear.
    • shoutbox input field freezes - either refresh page or click to another part of forum and should be ok. We may not stay with this sb...looking at a couple others also.

update 6/7/13
    • fixed widgets in sidebar extending past border
    • added new page style @ bottom of page...click drop down menu and choose "Team DeMon-fluid" fits best for wide screen monitors/tv's...the default is "Team DeMon-fixed".
    • removed baseball & football widgets...meh
    • added new posts to sidebar
    • added link in Navbar above to CoD Elite website
    • added link in Navbar above to DM4L store

update 6/9/13
    • Added new shoutbox but only visible on main forum page....for now.
    • Also added a DeMon radio plugin to the sidebar. Choose from 3 diff genres of music and then you're able to change stations.
    • Also if you hover mouse over username will show you info without having to goto to user profile page.
    • added a pic for all the lurkers who aren't registered.....you'll need to logout to see it.
    • updated 'Limited Guest Viewing' - guests are now forced to sign up after looking at 5 threads

update 6/15/13
    small update:
    Added "Social Networking" - just go into your settings and then choose "Edit Profile" then just fill in the desired fields. You can enter a link to your:
    • Youtube Channel
    • Twitter
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • Bebo
    • Gamebattles/MLG
    • Linkedin
    • Tumblr
    • Flickr
    • Vimeo
    • SoundCloud

any other social networks/Game Sites you want me to add...just lemme know here in thread.

update 7/03/2013
    1. added 2 more page styles
      DeMon Dark Red - with a bit more color
      DeMon E-Lite Red - for members who don't like dark themes
      scroll to bottom and click drop down menu and choose whateva...
      def can't say we don't give our members choice's...
    2. Added an arcade with only a few games atm....will update as time goes on and also testing the waters to see who will actually play...if its even worth keeping. Only drawback is you have to sit thru fawkin' ads.
      just choose the "Arcade" tab at top....may be issues with scores updating locally but working on that. you should also be able to send "challenges" to other members to beat your score. Only members with 50+ posts and have been registered longer 10+ days have access.

update 7/16/13
    1. [BETA] - Added a "mood" status update that appears under your name...click the pencil icon and then click "my mood" and then choose. any others you want me to add just ask.
    You can change from any of your post's which is directly above your avatar....or from your profile page just for some reason the "pencil" icon is invisible....so if you hover mouse over yellow circle, screenie attached, you will be able to edit. Working on the invisible edit icon.
    All this shit is new to me so it is pretty much trial & error.

[​IMG]

default mood status is set to "lurking"....since that fits the majority of members here :tongue4:

2. added a member color legend at bottom of "forum" home page & changed the color of registered users from "darkslategrey", which blended with background too much, to just grey.

[GLOW=orange]update 8/17/13[/GLOW]

1. Shoutbox is now visible on every page of every theme available. If not just lemme know here in this thread. So there should not be a reason why you can't post & shout simultaneously. Just to remind member's....the shoutbox is to be used for small talk only. So if wanting to post links...please post new threads or reply to related threads....
    2. Twitch.tv is now added. Click on the tab 'Streamer's' above. Once you post your profile here, I will add you to the page. This may be offline at times to tweak the code...so please be patient. [BUG}Already noticed a bug when on this tab and you again click the 'Streamer's' tab....then the 'arcade' tab dis-appears and is replaced by the Streamer's tab and media player is no longer visible but clicking the streamers tab once again reverts back to original layout.:hellno:......:hmmm:
    3. Also add your youtube channel to twitch.tv thread above and I will add it to the sidebar on the homepage. Added a couple that I already knew.
    4. Tweaked the 'activity stream' and 'new posts' so now threads/posts made in the 'secure clan forums' or 'Staff Talk' area will no longer be visible to ALL forum members. The link will a still be visible in the shoutbox though :ninjastar:
    5. You will now see your gamercard/PSN id on your profile page. For the PSN id to show up...I believe you will need to login to http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm.
    6. While on your profile page you will see a clickable option for "Customize My Profile" see spoiler
      [​IMG]
      here you become the designer and design your profile page to your heart's content.
      [​IMG]
    7. Added a "like" and "thanks" system....you will see a "thumbs up" = like and the lil "smilie face"= thanks below every members post....and you will notice a collapse-able "thanks/like" listing directly under your post count located under your avatar showing how many likes/thanks you have received/given. Also when creating a thread you can require "thanks" or "like" to be given first before members are able to view content...just tick the desired boxes under "Additional Options" pic in spoiler
      [​IMG]
    8. Auto Media Embedder - For @DM CptReilly...this allows members to simply paste Youtube URLs into their message without having to use the video & youtube bbcode or video popup box for embedding video's into posts. If wanting to use ONLY the url link then un-tick the box located under "additional Options"..pic in spoiler
      [​IMG]
    9. Added the bbcode ttv for embedding your twitch.tv vids = [ttv]toonaami[*ttv] substitute "/" for the "*" becomes
    [ttv]toonaami[/ttv]

update 8/20/2013
    minor update to News Bot:
    ALL of News Bot posts will no longer appear under Activity Stream but they will now appear under new posts link instead...just click on "New post" to see all News related threads. Created a new sub-forum under handheld section called "handheld news" where all the related news will be filtered to and no longer seen under activity stream. But after testing it, it seems when replies are made to news bot threads they then populate Activity stream with original news bot thread....:hmmm:

Console Icons:
    Added console icons (Gamer IDs) that appear below avatar. If you hover mouse over any of the icons the member's gamertag/psn_id/Steam name will show. If you click icons then a popup will show their gamertag/psn_id/Steam id. Which all depends if you filled out this info correctly under >settings>edit profile.

[GLOW=orange]update 9/11/13[/GLOW]

When visiting the site...you will now be directed to the "Home" default page.

Slider - you'll find Gaming news updates in the slider located directly under the shoutbox....that SHOULD auto-advance every 5sec....if it doesn't for you lemme know, prolly a browser related issue. Along with other custom forum threads...in the slider. If the thread doesn't contain images then a default "no-image" pic will show.

Welcome Message
    - Directed towards all new member's/guest's

Recent threads - this is where you'll find the last 10 forum thread's/post's, from the last 30 days, EXCEPT for thread's/post's made in any of the new's forums....since those will appear (15 newest) in the slider. This module pulls information regarding the forums, threads, or posts, and applies forum permissions. So if you don't have permission to view the thread where it's located within the forum(Private Clan Forums/Staff Room)..then you won't even see this thread in this area.:ninjastar:

Team DeMon - this is the vid made from member's submission's in the POTW thread. Wish there were more but oh well. Unfortunately you can tell which clips I had to dl from yt and one's I recorded directly. YT does a shitty job when wanting to dl vids. In my eyes it's still not done but it is what it is.....sorry it took so long but plate has been full for awhile. At least leave a like...
    Special thanks to [MENTION=408]DM Michigan[/MENTION] [MENTION=3964]DM Poisoned[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3228]DM ToRNaDo412[/MENTION] for the clip's

ESPN Sports Ticker - Just a ticker from espn showing all the recent scores

Everything else on this page is pretty much self-explanatory....

Customization:
    If you don't like the look of this page....then click the [Customize this Page] link located under slider to the right. Then you'll be able to click & drag the "modules" to where ever you wish. Over time you may see modules appear and dis-appear....it may be me but if not sure just ask. If you have an idea of something to add to this screen reply in this thread.
    fyi - the shoutbox, sports ticker & slider can't be moved.
    [GLOW=orange]update 10/28/13[/GLOW]
    • if you use a headset....now you can show it....goto Edit profile details @ bottom of page you will see a dropdown list and images of different headsets...pick your relevant one..if you don't see it ask for it in this thread. The image will only show in your posts below ranks....for now...working on adding them to your user profile page as well.
    • tweaked the quick reply editor so now when clicking the quick reply at bottom of page will bring up the full editor instead an abbreviated one. This so you don't have to click "go advanced" in order to see all the buttons.
    • now you can embed IGN, Gamestop, GameTrailers, Ustream, Instagram vids & soundcloud clips.

how to embed IGN:
      wintin the video window click the "share" arrow at top right corner will bring up the share links
      h ttp://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/22/call-of-duty-ghosts-squads-mode-wargame-gameplay then copy all the text in red after "videos/" and paste that between [IGN][/*IGN] by clicking the IGN pic [​IMG] in the editor toolbar.

[IGN]2013/10/22/call-of-duty-ghosts-squads-mode-wargame-gameplay[/*IGN] becomes [IGN]2013/10/22/call-of-duty-ghosts-squads-mode-wargame-gameplay[/IGN]

how to embed GameTrailers:
      http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/3wi5xl/demonicon-launch-trailer
      click embed link and then copy the long hex-decimal string in red...and paste between [gametrailers][/*gametrailers] bbcode by clicking the [​IMG] in editor toolbar.

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:gametrailers.com:367821e3-b3ed-4c97-a38f-5f3e1c91dfe1" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/games/txrh4u/demonicon">Demonicon</a></b></p></div></div>

[gametrailers]367821e3-b3ed-4c97-a38f-5f3e1c91dfe1[/gametrailers]

how to embed GameSpot:
      http://www.gamespot.com/videos/new-releases-assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-battle/2300-6415768/
      click the embed link and then copy the text in red...
      <iframe src="http://www.gamespot.com/videos/embed/6415768/" width="640" height="400" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
      then paste inside [gamespot][/*gamespot] bb code by clicking the pic [​IMG] in editor toolbar.

[gamespot]6415768[/gamespot]

how to embed Ustream:
      Open the page of the desired channel
      within the video window click "share" and then the chain-link icon...when pasting between [us][/*us] bb code by clicking the pic [​IMG] in editor toolbar you will need to delete all but text in red.

Link Url = http://www.ustream.tv/channel/4715292 <-- # you need
      [US]4715292[/US]

how to embed Instagram:
      you see a share button on the bottom right side (just under the comments button). Click the button to see the embed code. Copy only the block of text in red and paste between [igm][/*igm] pic of [​IMG]

example embed
      <iframe src="//instagram.com/p/f-gSfFyp7c/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

[IGM]p/f-gSfFyp7c[/*IGM] becomes [IGM]p/f-gSfFyp7c[/IGM]

how to embed souncloud clips:
      example link:
      https://soundcloud.com/fatcatrecords/kane-strang-winded
      click the "share" link then copy widget code:
      <iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/116837138"></iframe>
      paste inside [sc][/sc] bb code by clicking the pic [​IMG] on editor toolbar and the deleting all but text in red.

[SC]https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/116837138[/SC]

• added a marquee bb code type [move] [/ move]
      [move]get to posting, BITCHES!![/move]

• added prestige posting ranks per 1,000 posts...
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

sooooooo.....get to posting, BITCHES!!

update still in progress...
    [HR][/HR]
    small update 12/06/13
    updated the ranks...they just weren't doing it for me....a lil betta now?
    [​IMG]

[MOVE]Now get posting [YOU][/MOVE]

also now you can embed the youtube subscribe button within your posts/sigs
    [ytscb]channel name only[*/ytscb]
    For example:
    [ytscb]DeMonGamingHD[*/ytscb] = [ytscb]DeMonGamingHD[/ytscb]

this can be embedded in sigs and posts if wanted....leeched it from this idiot here:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=304859 :D
    [HR][/HR]

you may see changes taking effect while on site...don't panic.....breathe....just me tweaking shit a lil.

report all issues in this thread....

ohhhh yeah...Don't forget to thank @DM Major Meat and @DM Toonaamii for paying the bills then and now and @DM Deathrow for getting us this far with the site....thanks to all of you.

2. DM Lordlander

DM Lordlander Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Admin Post
    Damn dude, you are getting shit done! Thank you so much for taking the time to do all this stuff, I love it! Anyways, bug report:

When I click the notifications tab, I have two post quotes. When I click on that, it redirects me to a page where I get a 500 Internal Server Error, much like the one we were getting when the site was down.

3. DM OUTL4W

DM OUTL4W Administrator

Feb 17, 2007
    OneDrunkOUTL4W
    DM_OUTL4W
    Admin Post
    what happens when you click on your name taking you to your profile and then clicking "Quotes"...do you still get the same error?

4. DM Lordlander

Mar 2, 2007
    Admin Post
    It doesn't show a name. Click on notifications on the main page, at the top. Drop down menu shows up. In the drop down menu, it says "3 New Post Quotes". Then I click that, and I get the error.

5. DM CptReilly

DM CptReilly He's fizzy, he's ginger

Jul 18, 2007
    It seems like we lost a lot of threads from the previous version of the site and the ability to see your posting history/thread creation history. Is that all gone for good?

6. DM OUTL4W

DM OUTL4W Administrator

Feb 17, 2007
    OneDrunkOUTL4W
    DM_OUTL4W
    Admin Post
    Now try.....had to rebuild the search index after upgrading.

Will be submitting a support ticket for the intermittent "500 internal service error's"

I believe any posts/threads after the 1st upgrade were sucked into a black hole....sorry...

7. DM OUTL4W

DM OUTL4W Administrator

Feb 17, 2007
    OneDrunkOUTL4W
    DM_OUTL4W
    Admin Post
    added update 6/7/2013 to OP.

8. DM Lordlander

Mar 2, 2007
    Admin Post
    The site had to be restored to an earlier backup. In doing this, all of the posts and threads made after that backup have been lost.

9. DM 951RPN

DM 951RPN Well-Known Member

May 18, 2008
    What, really, thats fucked up, all the memories are lost forever. :cry:

10. DM OUTL4W

DM OUTL4W Administrator

Feb 17, 2007
    OneDrunkOUTL4W
    DM_OUTL4W
    Admin Post
    [MENTION=44]DM Lordlander[/MENTION]
    you should be ok now......here is the response from host on the 500 internal error:
    and soon a server migration onto new hardware:

11. DM Lordlander

Mar 2, 2007
    Admin Post

It works! Good job L4W.

12. DM OUTL4W

DM OUTL4W Administrator

Feb 17, 2007
    OneDrunkOUTL4W
    DM_OUTL4W
    Admin Post
    Added new update

13. DM CptReilly

DM CptReilly He's fizzy, he's ginger

Jul 18, 2007
    Sticky: Trying out a new Shoutbox and radio plugin....let us know your thoughts

Thanks for bringing the sb back, it's my favorite part of the site.

The new orientation of the text box is kind of wierding me out. I can't think of a time when I am going to post a wall of text and need to see the whole thing before posting. I very much prefer the old text box style that had the one-line size running along the bottom of the sb.

I just like the old, simple look. Text box, big, open shout area, and a few buttons to display advanced options (smilies etc). Right now I just feel like it's way too cramped and has way too much going on.

Also, a lot of ppl type shorthand in the sb to save time and I think having the spellcheck function in the sb is unnecessary. I find it a bit annoying to type out a shout and seeing it covered in red squigglies.

14. DM OUTL4W

DM OUTL4W Administrator

Feb 17, 2007
    OneDrunkOUTL4W
    DM_OUTL4W
    Admin Post
    you can resize the input window by clicking the bottom right corner and dragging to desired height. and the spellcheck has nothing to do with the sb but windows itself. So you would rather not have the option to:
    • Enable Clear Button
    • Enable Italic Style
    • Enable Font Color Style
    • Enable Smilies Button
    • Enable Underline Style
    • Enable Bold Style
    • Enable Font Style

I can dis-able the underline, italic, font style along with being able to create separate chat room buttons to make less cluttered?

other sb didnt have the option for when new replies/threads are made..showing a clickable link. I can place this sb on all pages but it is a lil complicated as I have to edit each template....but working on it.

15. DM OUTL4W

DM OUTL4W Administrator

Feb 17, 2007
    OneDrunkOUTL4W
    DM_OUTL4W
    Admin Post
    added small update for 6/15...

16. DM RC-blazer

DM RC-blazer Oceano4 ಠ_ಠ

Feb 21, 2010
    Thanks bro, glad I can show off what websites I'm on, feel free to add me on Twitter FB or Tumblr then. :D

17. DM OUTL4W

DM OUTL4W Administrator

Feb 17, 2007
    OneDrunkOUTL4W
    DM_OUTL4W
    Admin Post
    added new update for 7/3

18. DM Bowser

DM Bowser The Original Bowser™

Jun 23, 2008
    Suggestion: Take off the myspace for social networking haha like who really uses myspace anymore? Maybe add a gamebattles or MLGid section for those who play competitive

19. DM Toonaami

DM Toonaami <span style="font-weight:bold;color:red;background

Mar 20, 2008
    Admin Post
    Good idea bows. Also the DeMon Dark Red is fucking boss negro over here nice work

20. DM OUTL4W

DM OUTL4W Administrator

Feb 17, 2007
    OneDrunkOUTL4W
    DM_OUTL4W
    Admin Post
    see if that works for ya now? :D

actually my 1st time editing .xml files that are used for plugins...so hopefully no bugs...

thanks...was hoping you would like...if you're using this theme...does the sb window go white when clicking on it to shout?

also updated the update...and added SoundCloud for our own resident DJ [MENTION=44]DM Lordlander[/MENTION]