PS3 Ethernet Qusstion

Stream:

HostileShotz

Sergeant
Console: Headset:
Look on youtube, I'm not sure, it's been a long time since I've set-up a PS3 to connection.

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
if u have it conected to an ether net cable then UR set. just change Internet settings to wired and it connects you automatically. that's IT

Stream:

DM FlyMEXboy

DM mohh1 OG
Founding Member
then that means UR cable is either

A. not connected right
B. UR other end doesn't work

Stream:

DM BloodyMuhrder

PSN - BloodyMuhrder
Founding Member
I figured something out, sharing network from laptop to ps3 via Ethernet, since laptop seems get get really good wifi and ps3 is shitty wifi, but it should be cool now

Stream:

HostileShotz

Sergeant
My PS3 was all the way up in my attic bedroom, and I got 100% connection. I have a strong router, NETGEAR WNR2200.

Stream:

DM BloodyMuhrder

PSN - BloodyMuhrder
Founding Member
well yeah, its university network, some few thousand using it.. so.
at my house, i have reallly good wifi, and shit.

Stream:

DM BloodyMuhrder

PSN - BloodyMuhrder
Founding Member
No, I have a login page that gives me access to the net, so the wired connection from my laptop to the ps3 works just fine

Stream:

Mobius 1

Colonel
If your running a patch blocker, you'll need a PC.

Wireless is used for people who have their modems, and internet connections in separate rooms, or not in reachable distance of their Ethernet cords. I use a wired connection, and all you need to do is run the cord from your Modem, or Router into the back of your PS3 where its supposed to go, go to your network connections, and go into internet set up, and preform the automatic set up, and it'll do it for you.