#Playstation PlayStation 5 controller DualSense revealed

Stream:

Ghost 141

ALL OUT WAR
Admin
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
Sony PlayStation has provided fans with a first look at the all new Sony PlayStation 5 controller
PlayStation_2020-Apr-07-1536x1025.jpg
EVBz5XpWoAMUxBH.jpg

49746632758_470c1cca29_3k-1536x1024.jpg
49747502797_ba4ef26976_3k-1536x1024.jpg

The new DualSense controller for PS5 features haptic feedback, which allows for more powerful senses while playing games. There’s also adaptive triggers for the L2 and R2 so that players feel the tension while pressing down.

Sony also announced that they have changed the hand triggers’ angle and some small updates to the grip of the controller in order to allow for a controller that feels smaller and ensure great battery life of the control.

This provided us with an exciting challenge to design a new controller that builds off of the current generation, while taking into account the new features we were adding. For example, with adaptive triggers, we had to consider how the components would fit into the hardware, without giving it a bulky feeling. Our design team worked closely with our hardware engineers to place the triggers and actuators. The designers were then able to draw the lines of how the exterior of the controller would look and feel, with a challenge of making the controller feel smaller than it really looks. In the end, we changed the angle of the hand triggers and also made some subtle updates to the grip. We also took thoughtful consideration into ways to maintain a strong battery life for DualSense’s rechargeable battery, and to lessen the weight of the controller as much as possible as new features were added.

The Share Button on the PS5 has been replaced with the Create button, which allows players to create epic content to share with friends. More info on this feature to come soon.
EVBvnnRXYAEwKlq.jpg

Source:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...w-wireless-game-controller-for-playstation-5/

Last edited:
Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
I’m so accustomed to the paddles that elite2 has....that using 1 without the paddles would feel like a sega genesis controller.

Stream:

mashupman

Founder
I'm really surprised I see no paddles.
I don't use them personally (although have meant to for I don't know how long) and it's clear how much they can improve a players options / gameplay etc....