Murder suspect seriously asked Siri where to hide a body

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
Geek-Cetera By Lee Mathews Aug. 13, 2014 10:26 am
Admit it: when Siri arrived on the iPhone, you probably tried asking her some of the ridiculous questions you saw posted online by giggly fanboys. You know, questions like “When is the world going to end?” or “What is the meaning of life.”
Maybe you even got a little macabre and jokingly asked Siri “Where can I hide a body?” If you did, then you saw her ask for more specifics. What kind of hiding spot were you hoping for, exactly? A swamp? Maybe a cavernous metal foundry where you could toss said body into a blast furnace?
Chances are pretty good that if you did ask Siri where to hide a body that you weren’t serious. But according to Gainesville, Florida Police Detective Matt Goeckel, Pedro Bravo was definitely not asking just to have a laugh at the Easter Eggs Apple’s engineers had programmed into Siri.
Bravo is currently on trial for the murder of a University of Florida student in 2012, and Goeckel took the stand to shed some light on the smartphone-related details of the case. According to the detective, Bravo told Siri “I need to hide my roommate,” to which Siri responded with a screen like the one shown here.
After that, Bravo reportedly used the flash on his iPhone as a flashlight for more than 45 minutes and drifted into an area without cellular coverage for around an hour and a half. Authorities are still trying to pinpoint his whereabouts based on network records, but the data from his phone has already poked several holes in his alibi.
Not that you needed any confirmation, but obviously smartphones don’t make great accomplices. When the police come knocking with a warrant, your trusted digital companion is going to tell them everything.

More...