Loot Drop Gaiden: April 2014 Loot Crate (Dragon Edition)

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
News By Will Greenwald Apr. 25, 2014 12:30 pm
Loot Crate is a service where for $13.37 (get it? It spells LEET) plus shipping you get a monthly box full of a grab bag of nerdy stuff like toys, snacks, and t-shirts. This week on Loot Drop, we check out the April 2014 Loot Crate. No relation between us, we just both have Loot in the name.
Here’s a guerrilla Loot Drop unboxing video, showing just how raw and uncut this series can be (when I’m at home and don’t have any recording gear and don’t script anything). It’s about the child-like wonder of opening toys on Christmas Say or something along those lines. More details below.

First, two pretty cool little figures: a vinyl Nord from Elder Scrolls and a blind bag Game of Thrones figure. A glow-in-the-dark dragon would have been super awesome, but Ned Stark is almost as cool. He’s so grumpy!

Second, Dragon Jerky. It’s green beef jerky. Which looks really, really gross. I assume it’s green because of the dragon theme and not because of some packaging mishap. We’ll determine who will consume it later when I Rochambeau the Geek.com editors.

The rest:

• Screeniwipes stick-on dragon shield screen cleaner. Pretty mindless, but useful. The type of thing you can slap on your phone and forget you have until you need to buff your screen or glasses.

• Two D20s. One regular, one large and Nerf-like!

• A*Dragon Slayer dog tag.

• The monthly Loot Crate Dragon pin. Loot Crate started adding these pins in January, and they serve as a badge of loyal membership. Or they’re just neat pins. Your call.
More information is available from Loot Crate if you’re interested in signing up or you want to learn about their previous crates.

More...