Kotaku 'Shop Contest: Meat Puppets

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:

Government shutdown? Too political. Pokémon tombstone? Too sad, and even I am not that tasteless. Time to go to the Dayshot archive for this week's exploitable. In this case, a big Mega Man made of tasty ground beef.
That's the work of Epic Grinds, whom we featured on Friday morning, along with a bunch of other images of meatified characters, anime scenes and other sci-fi/games icons. The shot with Mega Man and Cut Man struck me as the most exploitable, considering it's already anthropomorphic meat product. But you know that around here, we have very few rules, so if some other meat puppet strikes your fancy, go for it.
One thing that bears mentioning, we had a microcontroversy this past week when someone thought his work was submitted to our contest by a reader, and it end up being our overall No. 1. While that was not the case—it was a matter of great minds thinking alike, nothing more—let me remind you of one ironclad rule of the 'Shop Contest: Do not post anyone else's work.
In fact, I'd prefer it if all comments were only submissions, comments on the submissions, or assists to other 'Shoppers (additional/better exploitables, etc.) Even if you identify something as "Hey, I saw this earlier in the week, this is not my own but it's funny," that's not really helpful. I look at how many times a submission has been starred as a judge of its worthiness for the roundup; people starring things that aren't eligible adds to the confusion.
Again, no one did anything wrong, so this isn't meant to be a threat or a warning. I just felt this was a useful time to make that reminder. Everyone here has played nice over more than three years of this weekly feature, and that's very much appreciated.
We good? Great, now for the usual boilerplate on how to post 'Shops.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.
To contact the author of this post, write to owen@kotaku.com or find him on Twitter @owengood.

More...