Stream:

OUTL4W

gotta light?
Admin
Founder
Addict
Console: Headset:
Don't be shellfish...
First and foremost, I’d like to start this little piece off with a big thanks to all of those who read these creeper posts.* It’s meant a lot to me but I’m afraid I have to move on from them for a while…like for a week.* You think I’d abandon you?* Never!* You’re like a box of fluffy little kittens left outside a grocery store in November.* If I could, I’d take you all home with me.* But I can’t afford that so I’m gonna have to do the most humane thing I can which is sack you up and drown you in the river…whoops, where was I going with this insanely dark path?* I don’t know.* I’ll be out next week.* Deal with it.* But that doesn’t mean I’m not here for you this week, friends.* Nope, I’m all in on it for you this week as we examine the curious life of Kole Calhoun and how he’s here to help you for week 19 of the 2013 Fantasy Baseball season…but wait, there’s more!* If ya didn’t know this by now, I write for the football side here on Razzball as well.* If ya didn’t know part deux, we do our own version of the RCLs over there and you get to win sweet Razzball swag that way as well.* So let’s say you’re out of it for baseball’s grand prize this year, we’ve got you covered with the Razzball Football Commenter Leagues, peeps!* And before you tell me to close my filthy, whorish mouth realize Razzball is like the 3 Musketeers: we’re all for one and one for all!* Anythewho, back to talk to you about what we came to do.* Ain’t that right, boo?* TRUE!
Now I’m gonna be straight up with you about Calhoun.* I started this post calling him Kevin Calhoon.* That’s how much I really know about him other then what research I’ve done since picking him up in my deep keeper league on Friday.* Not usually a good sign when you don’t even know the feature’s name, but hang in there with me.* Kole’s never been highly touted during his minor league career.* In reviewing our Los Angeles Angels Minor League Preview from our prospect writer Scott, there isn’t anything spectacular about Kole.* Good approach, decent pop and maybe a good bench bat to put what Scott had to say in a nutshell.* Of course, his season so far at Triple-A has been intriguing for various reasons.* I know y’all wanna talk about his 20-25 HR bat and his 20 steal speed but what really intrigues me is what happened to his K%.* After a cup of coffee with the Angels in 2012 that saddled him with a 24% k-rate — which was in line with his 19% K-rate at triple-A in 2012 — we’re now seeing an 11.7%/14.3% split across AAA and the majors so far this year from him.* Sure, the ISO’s dipped a bit as he’s gone for more contact in pitcher’s counts no doubt, but the key thing is those kind of stats find a way to stay in lineups.* You’ll notice I’m not talking much about his matchups this week and for good reason.* What I do see is a batter who’s started 8/18 thru Friday night with a HR and a steal this year and I don’t see a big reason for him to cool off any time soon.* He’ll start the week off in the bandbox that is Texas and then, after a day off Thursday, heads to Cleveland.* Though it’s doubtful, he may get sat against Kazmir Friday as they’ve said they’ll sit him against ‘tough lefties’.* Don’t know if I count Scott Kazmir in that category, but hey, I’m not the coach so I can’t say for sure.* All in all, he’s an intriguing pick up who might be someone to hold onto longer if he keeps rolling.* With ownership at 2% or under in most formats, you won’t be battling anyone to find out.* So go sing Calhoun-amatata to yourself for this week while I enjoy my vacation.

More...