Call of Duty player called SWAT on a player who beat him in game

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:

Some Call of Duty gamers seem to take the game a little too seriously. A player in Call of Duty lost to another player, Rafael Castillo, 17, of Long Beach.
So, the player called the police over Skype stating that he was Castillo and said, ‘I just killed my mother and I might shoot more people.’
Long Island police responded by sending over 60 units, including helicopters, emergency vehicles; and they arrived guns drawn, ready for a shooter.
Long Island police dispatched helicopters, emergency vehicles and an army of cops to a home where someone called in a bloody rampage on Tuesday.
They arrived with guns drawn and ready for war — only to find out the call to cops was an act of revenge by a gamer whom the teen who lives inside had just beaten in an online Call of Duty battle.
The prank caller told police over Skype that he was Rafael Castillo, 17, of Long Beach — and that “I just killed my mother and I might shoot more people,” cops said.
“Some guy threatened to Swat him,” Castillo’s brother told The Post. “He was pissed that he had lost.”
The disgruntled gamer had just been eliminated by Castillo and gave police the teen’s home address in a dangerous game called “Swatting,” and the authorities went into full emergency mode.
Long Island police said:
“It was probably just an evil little kid,” one officer said.
“We went and checked out the place and there was nothing there … It sucked up a lot of resources, caused traffic problems. It turned out to be a hoax,” the cop added.
Long Beach Police Commissioner Michael Tangney said it’s just the latest example of the “Swatting” game.
“In this … bizarre world of Swatting, you get points for the helicopter, for the police cars, for the SWAT team, for the type of entry,” he told CBS. “It’s very sophisticated. Unfortunately, it’s very dangerous.”
SOURCE: NYPost via Kotaku

More...