2013 Fantasy Baseball, The Daily Fix: August 29th, 2013

Stream:

News Bot

Your News Bitch
Console: Headset:
Thursdays are always rough days when setting your lineup card. There are fewer games to choose from and then those games are divided into early and late games. The lineup gets particularly difficult when picking pitchers. At least half of them are not worth picking, so that leaves you with little to choose from. However, everyone has to play under the same conditions, so you have as much chance of winning as anyone else.
Today, I’m playing in a*Double Up! contest*again. They range anywhere from a dollar to over 100 dollars, but each works the same way. If you finish in the top half you get almost twice as much as you put in. Naturally, DraftKings gets their cut because they have to pay their employees, the light bill, and make a little for their trouble. That being said, they are very generous to those that start playing as they*will give you a deposit bonus you can access*here.
My Lineup
Salary
FPPG
Notes
C*Jason Castro 4,700
He has been insanely hot lately and now seems a shoo in to hit 20 homers and 40+ doubles.
1B*Kendrys Morales 3,600
He might be dealt before the August 31[SUP]st[/SUP] deadline and if so becomes that much more valuable.
2B*Nick Franklin 3,200
He has been flying under the radar since coming up. Playing the Astros seems like a good percentage play.
3B*Pedro Alvarez 4,100
He is the top offensive third baseman in this time slot.
SS*Jonathan Villar 2,500
I don’t understand why is going for this price with his good speed.
OF*Jacoby Ellsbury 5,000
He is the top offensive outfielder available during the prime time games.
OF*Adam Jones 5,400
He will surpass 30 homers and 100 RBIs before it is all said and done.
OF*Bryce Harper 5,900
He is really expensive but he’s a guy that can easily produce one of those 20 or 30 point nights.
P*Gerrit Cole 8,200
The Pirates are probably on their way to the playoffs for the first time since the first George Bush was president.
P*Chris Tillman 7,200
It’s not a great play, but it is a solid play for the price.

More...